Smoke out of throttle body

dpok69

Dpok69@aol.com
I was racing a mustang from a roll on the hiway the other day. Had my foot firmly planted on the gas. I reached a speed of about 100-110 when i heard a pop and car would barely acclerate any more.

I pulled of to the shoulder and found out that the uppipe popped out of the throttle body coupling. I pusshed the throttle lever down and saw a vapor rising out from the inside of the throttle body. It kinda resembled what a match looks like after it is put out. The vapor was white. There was alot of oil in the upipe and inside the throttle body also.

The car still runs normal. Any idea what this indicates?

you need to take your intercooler out and the pipeing and clean them out with a solvent such as gas.the oil is coming from your turbo seal or from the hose on the passenger side valve cover that connects to your turbo.if this is the case and you havent changed it yet,get a breater element for the valve cover that plugs into the vc and a block off rubber thingie that slips on to your turbo.good time to replace the pcv valve with a gm unit just incase youre getting oil from there also.also make sure after cleaning your ic out you let it dry out or rinse with water and then dry.............where you beating the stang??????

i have the breather in passenger side already. I will have to clean the intercooler out and buy a new gm pcv valve.

I was ahead of the stang by a car length and i was putting distance by only inches. His car i have to admit was fast, but then again i think my car is slow for a GN :)