smc maxed out?

dandman

hi

i just installed stock based port/polished heads with bigger valves, new springs etc
i have a te-61 msd 50, thdp, atr3" duals. after the heads, i was geting knock at 20 psi. i installed ac delco 42 plugs, seems better. but my question is, my smc kit is turned to pump speed 10, my turn on point is around 10 psi, how can i made the smc kit flow more, or do i just have to turn my fuel pressure up, its at 43, line off now, id like to run more boost, maybe i need racing fuel, i run 94 octane plus smc now
thanks
dan

No, you need more alcohol volume to be injected into the motor. This can only happen by increasing pressure on the pump or adding nozzles.

Adding fuel is the wrong thing trying to get rid of knock. Especially when its low octane stuff. Run a pressure test on the pump and contact Steve at SMC to see if its pressures are in-line with the norm. Some pumps do 75, others 100. This is position 10 on pump speed.

Given the rite volume 25-30+ PSI no problem.

hi

looks like the alky is leaking from the up pipe, so ill jb weld it, the instructions said to do that! oh well, ill try that and report
thanks
dan