Slow 60ft times

flattype

I recently ran my car at the track (best time 13.72@103) Could not 60ft better than 2.31. Mods are te44 duttneck THDP etc. Car runs fine I can build 4 or 5 pounds of boost but it takes off pretty slow. Will the RJC boost bleeder help? Im sure if I can get low 13s with a decent 60ft (at worst 2.0) I was running 20 pounds boost and 22 degrees timing with a 110/93 octane mix. Thanks Eric

I recently ran my car at the track (best time 13.72@103) Could not 60ft better than 2.31. Mods are te44 duttneck THDP etc. Car runs fine I can build 4 or 5 pounds of boost but it takes off pretty slow. Will the RJC boost bleeder help? Im sure if I can get low 13s with a decent 60ft (at worst 2.0) I was running 20 pounds boost and 22 degrees timing with a 110/93 octane mix. Thanks Eric

I am sure you are getting frustrated knowing the car should run faster.
IMHO, the RJC controller should assist spool and 60's ....... if your tires can handle it, otherwise it may end up slowing you down.
Is the car rich at the bottom?
What other "goodies" are you running?

Your mph sucks for that much boost. I doubt that boost controller is going to help make up what you should be running but it won't hurt. You need to get the chip tuned or ?? but you should be running about 110 and that is engine tune.

ks

Ditto what Kevin said.
It's not just your 60s, your car is down on HP.
My guess is that it is running too rich or is knocking and timing is being pulled.

I have a houston downpipe and 2356015 bfg drag radials Maybe its running rich BLMs are very high. This car just seems real lazy until around 15 psi or so. Once it gets into full boost I can spin the drag radials so it must have decent power up top? No knock on the scanmaster on the 1/4 mile runs.

Check for preturbo exhaust leaks. In the headers, crossover and turbo to header flange. It doesn't take much to kill your 60 ft.

What converter are you running? Do not expect much better 60's from a 235/60/15 drag radial, I used the same tire on a stock setup and could not get good 60's. You need a bigger/better tire. Once you get the car tuned right you will blow these tires away with that setup. Tune is obviously off also.

Chris

What converter are you running? Do not expect much better 60's from a 235/60/15 drag radial, I used the same tire on a stock setup and could not get good 60's. You need a bigger/better tire. Once you get the car tuned right you will blow these tires away with that setup. Tune is obviously off also.

Chris

He should be able to get a low 1.7 60 ft even with 235/60 BFGDR's and the stock set up.

It's all about prep.

Adjust the right side airbag as required (start with 25 psi), run the tires at 16 - 18 psi.

Don't EVER get them dirty after doing a burnout.

Launch them with the with the mash it to the floor/release the brake launch method (don't try to pedal it).

Get a drag radial.

Thats the safest next move. If that doesnt fix ur 60 ft. issues then move on to the convertor. A good 3200 precision or art carr is the best way to go.

I am running a 2800 convertor. I have the 2356015 bfg drags as previously mentioned. I fixed a small exhaust leak at the cross over pipe and raised the fuel pressure to 45psi, this brought the blms down to 130-134 from 142 the car is more responsive and quicker down low but not enough. What the hell can I do to get some ass kicking low end?? I can only build 4 or 5 psi powerbraking even with s-10 cylinders.

I am running a 2800 convertor. I have the 2356015 bfg drags as previously mentioned. I fixed a small exhaust leak at the cross over pipe and raised the fuel pressure to 45psi, this brought the blms down to 130-134 from 142 the car is more responsive and quicker down low but not enough. What the hell can I do to get some ass kicking low end?? I can only build 4 or 5 psi powerbraking even with s-10 cylinders.
Your converter is not the correct one. You should be able to build as much as your brakes will hold and it should flash up to your max within a half second of launching at WOT. I would expect 12.20-12.30@109-110 on a decent tune with a drag radial.