Slicks

I would run a 275/50 Mickey Thompson drag radial. But if you are dead set on a slick, the 26. The drag radial will be quicker.

Is there a reason for a slick? Many tracks require a driveshaft loop when running a slick.

I would go with tall over wide. A 28x9 m/t or something like that. I doubt you will even need that much. I liked my little m&h g60-15 dot tires. Hard to get a race with big meats on the back.

You need a driveshaft loop with a drag radial also. Some places ask. If you're locking the converter 26" is fine. If not I'd use a taller tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure you need 10.5 ,our track has very poor prep the 255-60 on 7 in. wheel was not enough with stock sway bar.
I went to a 28-9 Hoosier on the same stock 7 in, wheel and sway bar with just almost no improvement ,60 stayed the same because I could not leave with any more boost, went to a 8in. wheel ,helped,added a Helwig bar and that is what it took to get the car to 60.
I will probably go back to DR on the 8 in wheel add a better bar (HR) I dont think throwing a big set of slicks at it is as important as getting the suspension right. good read http://www.hrpartsandstuff.com/

What size slicks is better for a mostly stock gn. 26 10.5 or 28 10.5.

Neither .. for your setup .. 26" x 8.5" slick

you don't need a 10.5 inch slick for that setup .. it will just slow you down .. as mentioned by other posts there is more to traction than just a tire ...

Don't use the tire as a crutch .. just to give you an idea a 255 tire can produce 1.5x 60's that will more than cover the power you can make with the stock turbo

What size slicks is better for a mostly stock gn. 26 10.5 or 28 10.5.
255/6015 mt street radial or track only the Hoosier drag in the same size.it fits on the stock rim and is slightly taller at 27,and will handle most 11 sec combos.

I've had 1.6 60' on 235/60s BFGs dr on my car when it was nearly stock. I've cut 1.5s on 255 MT dr when in the mid to lowI 11s. I've cut 1.5s with 275 MT dr at 11 flat. It was around 112 mph at the traps that I went to the taller tire. Went from 12 flat to 11.7 with no change than the tires. Much has to do with your rpm at the traps. A taller tire may put your rpm too low for best power or in a better area if you have mods that raise the power band. Just my observations.