slic ic

turbobeast707

wanted slic or fmic precision preferable but open to all ic's got ripped off on a precision slic so I don't have an ic at this time. need all mounting hardware if its fmic I have piping but would prefer complete any and all intercoolers.
thanks
Isaac

Such a good deal too!
Who goes to an auction wins a bid and says I change my mind.
At least sell it to the next person.

I should have had one but you know I got robbed in that deal..
Isaac
You didn't get robbed...
The seller sent out the part WITHOUT being paid first...Who does that? The purchaser passed it to you...it's not his fault that the seller already shipped it. Sounds like he was forced to buy it after he passed...or his name gets trashed. He was getting trashed 3 posts later from posts overnight. Too many guys don't have a clue about how this forum works.
Post what part your looking for and not the finger pointing or sob story about the part you lost out on. It happens to everyone of us...move on.

I agree. So now looking for a fmic or slic. Lesson learned by the seller I hope..

Sent from my HTCPO881 Sprint using Tapatalk

I'll tell you this...
For the $$$ you were gonna drop on that intercooler....I'd grab the slic from TR Custom parts. It's a very nice unit. You can paint it black if you do not want the polished look.
Mark, from TR, is an excellent guy.

yeah that is exactly what im looking at doing for the price and that it wont outgrow my build I already have dual fans so I should be good getting the TR customs/ GN1 super extreme fmic. how is that IC as far as on the street?

I'll tell you this...
For the $$$ you were gonna drop on that intercooler....I'd grab the slic from TR Custom parts. It's a very nice unit. You can paint it black if you do not want the polished look.
Mark, from TR, is an excellent guy.
I was looking at that also, but I've bought a bunch of shinny GN 1 parts already ;-)
Besides the bigger neck and slightly longer, what advantages does the precision have over this GN1 SLIC?
What's the hp rating? Fastest ET? Average ET

I was looking at that also, but I've bought a bunch of shinny GN 1 parts already ;-)
Besides the bigger neck and slightly longer, what advantages does the precision have over this GN1 SLIC?
What's the hp rating? Fastest ET? Average ET
The numbers your looking for are nothing more then arbitrary information. Guys love numbers...period. If I tell you it will handle 800hp...you'll be happy. If I tell you 650...you'll still want a different unit. I don't believe guys keep records of what the intercooler are responsible for. It depends on which part of the country you live in, how humid, elevation, and the entire engine combo. I can tell you this...my friend has run 10.90's with a stock intercooler with a Dutt neck welded onto it. Don't get caught up in the numbers. You can give 5 guys the exact same parts, and they will never tune any 2 of them to be consistant within a few tenths. Those 5 guys will be within 2 secs of each other. happens here all the time.
With a good proven combo, a really good tune, and a chassis that works...I'd bet low 10's with that cooler on the right day with the GN1.

The design of the PTE was simple...we have this many square inches of space. We have mounting points in these locations. Cram as much intercooler into those 2 factors as you possibly can. It is huge, but it's also selling for $1000 now. You can buy the RJC Megacooler for that price. When it was $750...it was a great deal.

my piont is that I live in California were it is always hot so heat soak can be a big factor so I think that going to a fmic is probably my best bet and for the price its always good to have more room for more mods than less and have to upgrade the IC. correct?
Isaac

With a front mount...your cars overall cooling system is tested. How much HP are you pushing?

was over 500hp the first time it was on the dyno with old turbo and old setup should be higher than than that by a long shot. I hope...before the te45a
Isaac

The numbers your looking for are nothing more then arbitrary information. Guys love numbers...period. If I tell you it will handle 800hp...you'll be happy. If I tell you 650...you'll still want a different unit. I don't believe guys keep records of what the intercooler are responsible for. It depends on which part of the country you live in, how humid, elevation, and the entire engine combo. I can tell you this...my friend has run 10.90's with a stock intercooler with a Dutt neck welded onto it. Don't get caught up in the numbers. You can give 5 guys the exact same parts, and they will never tune any 2 of them to be consistant within a few tenths. Those 5 guys will be within 2 secs of each other. happens here all the time.
With a good proven combo, a really good tune, and a chassis that works...I'd bet low 10's with that cooler on the right day with the GN1.

The design of the PTE was simple...we have this many square inches of space. We have mounting points in these locations. Cram as much intercooler into those 2 factors as you possibly can. It is huge, but it's also selling for $1000 now. You can buy the RJC Megacooler for that price. When it was $750...it was a great deal.

I was asking because there are no performance rating on this ic on anyone site. Am I getting a stock replacement and wasting my money? Is it just bigger but the core sucks so might as well stick with stock? Who knows. It's just shinny and longer! If there are no numbers how do you decide how to build your car. I got a shinny $500 throttle body and intake to prove it. People will just sell you stuff. I ask questions now.

I was asking because there are no performance rating on this ic on anyone site. Am I getting a stock replacement and wasting my money? Is it just bigger but the core sucks so might as well stick with stock? Who knows. It's just shinny and longer! If there are no numbers how do you decide how to build your car. I got a shinny $500 throttle body and intake to prove it. People will just sell you stuff. I ask questions now.
Ok...I understand. I remember our other conversation in the other thread. All I can say is I have seen the unit, and it's nice. Send Mark H and email on the TR Custom Parts websight and ask your questions.