SIR-tucson- march 19th

buickbert

for anyone in and around the tucson area, myself and another board member "old pueblo" are going to be out at SIR for a "grudge match" on friday march 19th. this has been a long time coming, it should be a good race.
my best so far is a 12.88@109 mph and i believe his best is a 12.93@ 107 (might be slightly off on his #s)

im going to do my best to not lose to an old/outdated/heavy bardge of a car that he has and do the turbo community proud.:cool:

although if my tax return comes in ill have 2 new sticky tires to help with my launch :biggrin: thats not cheating right

buickbert

Bert, what kind of tires? MT et street radials? If so get the 275/60 15's. With your current mph you need to work on those 60 foots. Once you learn how to 60 foot you will post some hood numbers. How's the tune? How much you gain 1/8 to 1/4 mile?

yeah my 60ft is terrible due to not being able to hook up the street tires that i was using. they would just spin, but thats whats expected i guess. as for the difference from 1/8 to 1/4 heres the #s from the 12.88 pass

rt .446
60' 2.005
330 5.469
1/8 8.323
mph 86.22
1000 10.789
1/4 12.881
mph 109.29

picked up 23 mph from 1/8 to the 1/4 and it was still pulled pretty good when i crossed the line. the tune is right on point from what i can tell.

buickbert

old/outdated/heavy bardge/ ??? Really?

I have twice the motor you have! Oh, bring your hair drier too. I want to make sure you look good when I hand you your @$$! :p

Did you get your "cheater" slicks yet??? :rolleyes:
Thats ok if you did. I'll still win with my tiny street tires!

bert told me he was having 60 foot issues. still put a spanking down if i remember right. 12.9 @ 105???

idk wtf! put some mt et streets on the car thinking id be able to launch harder :biggrin:

all i can say is that its going to take some getting used to launching on stickys, best run out of five was 2.06 60 ft/ 12.98 @ 110mph.

my fastes previous on bald street radials was 2.08 60 ft/ 12.88 @ 109mph :eek:

thing i was payin more attention to was the kr. .2 on first run, 2.8 on second but then 0.0 on runs 3,4 and 5 so the 100 octane seemed to finally mix in with the little bit of 91 i had in the car.

tim was havin some kinda carb issues but the run he posted above, the car shot outta the hole and seemed to pull strong all the way down the track. :confused:

guess i have some practicin to do on my launch.

buickbert