Single Turbo I6 Chevy II

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
This car has a modified motor from trailblazer.
It runs a Big Stuff 3 tuned by John Meany.
Single Turbo looks like a GT-45 or GT-47.
It has run in the low 9s with pump gas.
I have seen video of it in the 8s, not sure of the tune though. :eek:

Attachments

• DSC05554.jpg
    DSC05554.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 497
Motor

I6 Motor

Attachments

• dsc05562 (2).jpg
    dsc05562 (2).jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 474
Large Garrett Turbo....GT-47???

Attachments

• DSC06396 (2).jpg
    DSC06396 (2).jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 457
The guy's name is John Cunningham, and the car has gone 8.80's while still trying to work out the kinks. :eek:

This car is badass and just plain~ :cool: I was talking to a guy down here at the track last night about this car.... I wonder if the 8.80's was on pump gas?? Regardless the car is awesome and I bet that I6 motor has a good bit left in it!

Thanks for the pics John:)

This car ran during Hot Rod's Pump Gas Drags too. There's one video of the car running at at the event on Hot Rod's website. Somewhere on the site there was a write up on the event where they spent some time commenting on the car, but I can't find it now....

Hmmmmmmmm. the wife drives a Trailblazer!!!!

I wonder if she 'll ---Nah who am I kidding, Ive been sleeping on the couch ever since I started the new motor...If I tried that I would be in divorce court :D .

That guy talks a lot of smack in the car rags and if you go to the www.hotrod.com pump gas drags videos it sounds like crap. Now what sounds good is that rambler running at the top end, I want my hybrid to sounds like a 747 on take off roll :cool: Its ambitious and different, but for some reason all this project does is annoy me and want to put a turbo on a Jeep 4.0 I6 in a 65 Ford Falcon wagon and beat him with a stock computer. Man I'm in such a ornery mood recently, if I find out I have a crap Eagle crank I'm going ballistic.