Since we are on the subject BSA Motorikes anyone

acoen

Here is my 1969 BSA Lightning 7.5k original miles...OOOOh and my old WE4 barely visible in the background

Attachments

• 100_0258.jpg
    100_0258.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 100_0262.jpg
    100_0262.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 155
Nice Bike.

I always wanted a BSA Rocket 3 in my younger days.
I also would of loved to have a Yamaha RD350.
I guess it is somthing about 3 that get to me. LOL

Jim

Nice bike! Seems like that was one of, if not the top dog in 1969. I have a vintage bike of my own with my '72 Kawasaki H2 750 2 stroke triple. Here's a pic of mine. I love old and new bikes and have a strong love for the 2 stroke triples! I took it from a basket case to this:

Attachments

• Reynolds 2006 and H2 photo's 002.jpg
    Reynolds 2006 and H2 photo's 002.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 134
man that thing is sweet... oh man double sweet...nice H2!

i started hunting for old bike pics, bad thing is i have some but on old zip discs with no drive but i did find my tear down pics of my triumph 650 tiger chopper from 10 yrs ago..not worth showing though..i need to find the after shots

Nice bike! Seems like that was one of, if not the top dog in 1969. I have a vintage bike of my own with my '72 Kawasaki H2 750 2 stroke triple. Here's a pic of mine. I love old and new bikes and have a strong love for the 2 stroke triples! I took it from a basket case to this:

That thing is so sweet....Must have been tough to find parts for. The Beezer is an all original bike....Well minus the tires and fork gators. Runs pretty good, I want to put an electronic ignition on it so it runs a little better. I tell people this is a 60's muscle bike. The British had paint, chrome, balance and astetics down back then....and that was about it. I won't start her for months, charge the battery, tickle the carbs, kick her over slow with the ignition off about two full revs, ignition on, swift kick on the compression stroke and she is off and running...Ahhhh, spring is coming! Don't ride her too much, drum/cable brakes and 21st century traffic don't mix well. Still fun to ride.
Nothing is more comfortable than riding a Britsh prone position bike....Balance is fantastic.....Torque is good too.

Great bikes, I have wanted both pictured and always keep my eye out on a complete and running H2. I have daydreamed about making a very minimalistic H2 styled after a Vincent.

My true dream bike:

vinherb.jpg

Someone give me $60,000 and I'm there. :cool:

I like Evans Bike better, but this is a new addition (arrived last week) I am just starting to get ready for spring...

H2-7.jpg

It will one day be the twin to Evans bike...I hope....:D

In '65, I bought a '64 Triumph TT120R? Bonneville, dual carbs. In about '69, I bought a '67 or '68 BSA Lightening scrambler, same as Aaron's but with the high pipes to look like a TT bike, traded it against a down payment on a Honda 750 K4 maybe in about '72 or so, traded it or sold it and bought a custon Norton 850 set up for flat track & street. Sold it somewhere along the line a year or so later. Bought a Harley Sportster, don't remember the year, sold it, bought another sportster, sold it, bought a Honda CBX 6 cyl, had it for a few years, bought a Harley Custom Lowrider in '90 or so, sold it, bought a Honda CBR 1100 Super Blackhawk in '98 or so. Sold it to a friend, Missed it bought another '98 or so Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird in about '02. Still have it. It just sits, I am too old to ride anymore. The mileage on it????
About 1200 miles. Got a few scars, burns, and a serious amount of steel in from my knee to my ankle in one leg. I really miss riding, but I feel a little more comfortable with 4 wheels under me anymore. Just an old chicken, I guess.

Wow, now those are some nice bikes....I like the red Cafe' racer. If I were to get another bike it would be a V-Max for sure....Muscle bike with super bike performance....

Here's my bike. 82 GS1000SZ Katana. Yep the very first year. I bought this one in 83 with 250 miles on it after my brand new 83 GS1100E was stolen. Up until 7 years ago or so it had only 8,000 miles on it. Since I met my wife we ride the wheels of it. Now it has 50K on it. I just got done doing a total restoration on it with some fresh paint and gaskets on the motor. I still have some little things to do to it as far as detailing goes. I also have a KZ1000C3 CHiP cop bike I want to restore as soon as I'm done screwing around with the Katana.

Attachments

• KATANA 1.jpg
    KATANA 1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 96
Here's my bike. 82 GS1000SZ Katana. Yep the very first year. I bought this one in 83 with 250 miles on it after my brand new 83 GS1100E was stolen. Up until 7 years ago or so it had only 8,000 miles on it. Since I met my wife we ride the wheels of it. Now it has 50K on it. I just got done doing a total restoration on it with some fresh paint and gaskets on the motor. I still have some little things to do to it as far as detailing goes. I also have a KZ1000C3 CHiP cop bike I want to restore as soon as I'm done screwing around with the Katana.

Very cool!

Eric,
The Katana is an awesome bike. Great investment of your time, restoring that beauty, as they are really starting to appreciate in value.

Very nice !!!

PS - The KZ will be even better (since I am brand loyal to kaw's)..