Since Taffy is having a sale on Limit small shaft turbos...

Dan K

I think it's time for me to order a turbo. :)
See this post for info on the turbo sale.
Now I just need to decide how much turbo I need for my goal.
I think the car has a 12.0-12.1 in it right now with more tuning (and I will do it before swapping), but the goal for next spring is to be quicker than 11.50 with a turbo and converter swap this winter.
49 and the stock D5?
60 and 2800-3000 stall?
62 and 3200 stall?
GT61?

Thoughts? Opinions?
Other alternatives?

since the 61 and smaller are all the same price you might as well go with the gt61, New turbo technology and can put
up some big hp. Mid 10's are capable with this turbo.

I was in your boat - 12.30's@110 with the stock turbo, and put on a Ta49. The results are in the sig.

Unless you want to go faster than 120mph - I'd stay with the TA49.

I have a 44 and can't wait to go bigger. I'm thinking GT61 next year or even bigger.

From what I've read/seen it seems that the 49 will get me to the 11.50 mark.
Now I just need to decide if I want to go faster, and I think I do.
I think I'll try to call Limit and Eric in the next couple of days and see what they think too.

Is anyone even running the GT61 yet?

I have it. But tranny took a dump, Cant do much with the stock convertor though. Overall i like the turbo but no new times yet.

So you were using it with the stock converter?
I assume you're going bigger with the rebuilt trans?

Yeah, im going to a th400 w/ a brake and about a 3500 stall. I dont drive the car much.

Originally posted by jetmech
Yeah, im going to a th400 w/ a brake and about a 3500 stall. I dont drive the car much.

That should get the GT61 spooled NO PROBLEM!

Originally posted by jetmech

How much do You have to replace on the GN to go 400?

The GT61, is that a 4-bolt? If so, do You re-weld Your header?

Thanks
/Andreas

no its a 3 bolt turbo, straight fwd bolt on.
And about the 400 the cross member mount needs to be replaced (from hr-parts) possibly shorten drive shaft, change ds yoke, I thinks thats it.