Sick of my dripping valve cover breathers.

brisbon

I have a set of some old gbodyparts VC breathers and both drivers and pass side filters drip oil after i put my foot into it making a cloud of smoke. the pcv valve is fin its just the style of the breathers is there a catch can setup available, or can i get a good tall set of breathers for the stock covers???

the smoke is embarrassing at a stop light, any info is much appreciated.

I once had a similar oil dripping problem with my car's engine (but no smoke though...) . To solve this, Brian at Welcome To CottonsPerformance.com! welded a ''AN'' fitting on top of each valve cover, then routed a hose from each of them all the way to two Moroso oil catch cans (one for each side) which have a breather on top.
Hope this helps,

Claude. :smile:

Problem is you dont have a baffle in the stem.

Moroso sells aluminum stems with baffles problem is trying to get through them. Another solution.. but not for stock covers is to use the rubber baffles that push into the covers.. those are available at Summit/Jegs/Autoparts stores. These apply to aftermarket valvecovers with the 1.25 hole on them.

I feel your pain. Been there done that.

K&N make great air filters but they suck as breathers. The cotton collects oil and when it gets full it drips. Get a regular breather at the parts store or a chrome one from Summit. Check MR. Gasket for sizes and grommets with baffels like Razor said. Problem solved
Mike