Should I stay or should I go?

85supreme, those are great suggested minor mods that would improve look. It does have a pop up sunroof! Not factory, but period correct. Done by sunroof shop a year after purchase. I am sure the shop is long gone , but did good job , no leaks. Will take more photos , was raining today , this sport turbo stays garaged if roads arent dry.

IllhaveaV6

I wouldnt let the low offer get you down.....the car looks great !!! Get it mechanically sound and just drive it. I wouldnt even touch the paint, just enjoy it.

Bryan

If you dont need the money just keep it and enjoy it. There are only so many of those left out there and they're rarer than our GN's. To me all gbodys are cool just because of their sharp body lines. Nice to see its being loved where its at now though.

Cooper 12 , made me laugh!!!:D
I am lucky to have excellent underground garage secured parking. Then roll to buddys garage for wrench duty. Keeping any G body dry and inside greatly increases life span.
1377774389489.jpg

IllhaveaV6

I think Cooper was serious about you sending it his way. LOL Drive it and have some fun but I would put those rims and caps up and get a set of 15's under it. Better choice of tires and rims and if you still keep the originals they might come in handy at a later date.

Coop , U serious ? Just ran Auto check , CLEAN , 3 owners show 20 years of last owner, ( my brother ) rolling it in an out storage for 20 years.lts clean and complete!

IllhaveaV6

1378777855493.jpg
1378777902282.jpg

IllhaveaV6

Couple more photos of my 82 turbo sport coupe. The fogotten T type Buick . All original. Have window sticker .Car price goes from $9800 to $13, 000 after someone checked off almost every option. Is that how folks ordered cars back in the day?
And a final sticker price around $13, 000 ? Economy was in the toliet , could by a well used Camero for $3000. Now I understand why production is only 2022. Wonder how many are driveable today ?

"Punch ur ticket, take the ride" coupe
1378778085083.jpg

Attachments

• 1378778142719.jpg
    1378778142719.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 1378778202738.jpg
    1378778202738.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 82
If i had this car, this is what it would look like.
81pacecarprint.jpg

I dont care how much work/bracing would be need to take the back of the roof off. This car would be a showstopper.

"Inherited an 82 turbo Regal Sport Coupe. The car has zero rust , all original runs & drives.
To restore and repair properly would be about 5 grand plus a 5 grand paint job. I got a lowball offer of $2000.00 to sell it. Dissapointing. What u guys think?View attachment 198682
IllhaveaV6

Dood.
First of all - you have very rare survivor.
Not just a rare car - a rare survivor.
If it was a regular Regal and not a SC - I would let out a big ole yawn.
But it's not.
Second - you're ahead of the game.
You own the car.
Which means you can take your good ole sweet time doing your thang.
It's not like you have to do everything all at once - right now.
Zero rust? C'mon man! That's rarer than rare.
Drives? Seriously.
Yeah - the paint job is always the big ticket item.
The mechanicals - while not necessarily cheap - aren't in that paint job dollar league.
My advice?
Get the mechanicals - "sound"
No crazy frame off rebuild.
Just make it reliable.
You won't find many platforms where parts are as readily available at the boneyard on the cheap, or AutoZone / Auto..whatever...The G-body is cheap for suspension
Like Charlie says - of course you'll need some basic chassis / suspension work.
Body Bushings (oh boy - a grand total of 7 places - big deal - except for any rusted bolts!) , steering gear, suspension pieces. Since it probably rides like Grandma's car.
If you're a smart shopper, use the boneyard wisely, and do a lot of the work - your costs are reasonable.
Most of your expense to make it highway worthy - is cowl forward.
It has a 7.5" rear end, and those are extremely cheap at the boneyard if it needs any replacement.
THM 350 - seriously - as common as they come.
Shocks, springs - maybe - again...go for decent, but budget minded. Not some fancy KYB adjustable race shocks.
C'mon - that's all child play.

Then shop around for someone who has shop time and is willing to give you a decent paint job for reasonable money.
Just remember - no one in this game does this to make money.
And you won't either.
Just don't go overboard.
And don't do things for "the next guy"

2 grand? C'mon.
That is a parts car price.

Make it run - paint it. (quit buying into the notion that it takes a 10K paint job - it doesn't!)
Tinker now n then.
And enjoy!
One of these days.....it will be worth...xxx....:D
You should STAY!

Or - I'll give you $2500 right now.

View attachment 199917View attachment 199919

IllhaveaV6

Couple more photos of my 82 turbo sport coupe. The fogotten T type Buick . All original. Have window sticker .Car price goes from $9800 to $13, 000 after someone checked off almost every option. Is that how folks ordered cars back in the day?
And a final sticker price around $13, 000 ? Economy was in the toliet , could by a well used Camero for $3000. Now I understand why production is only 2022. Wonder how many are driveable today ?

"Punch ur ticket, take the ride" coupeView attachment 199923

How many are drivable?
How many are there still in existence is more the question.
Show me more than 2 0r 3 hundred and I'd be impressed.

I do beg of you to please replace those 14" wheels + wheel covers with these. I'm sorta surprised they are on there.

But yeah - to answer your previous question - back in the day son - you could actually order a car just about any way you wanted to.
With a bunch of bizarre combinations.
"Really Grandpa?
"Yes son"
"They didn't have those Option packages A, B or C invented yet"

Attachments

• imagesCA9WBNWY.jpg
    imagesCA9WBNWY.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 73
Heisenberg , you are right .I could never find another one like it, rust free & running , with the long family history. Keeping it garaged always is what saved that car. It was light years ahead of anything else built in 82. Trying to think of Any vehicle produced 82 -87 that stood out.
1378782121145.jpg

IllhaveaV6

My "Rare car List"

1981 Indy Pace Car Replica
1982 GN
1982 SC; not 1982 or prior; as I prefer the 1982+ front end re-design. But I do like the 1981 Header + brushed alum appearance trim
1983 T-Type (No Grand Nationals were made in 1983 - making it an odd year)
1984 GN w/ AstroRoof; Although - any 1984 GN w/ the Lear Siegler is fine though
1984 T-type (Since I dig that Lear Siegler seat + the Brandon cloth combination; very very different)

Nothing really in 1985 that interests me.

1986 WH1 Any kind of WH1 - ; 1986 WH1 w/ either T-Tops or w/ AstroRoof
1986 GN - Because I like the 5000+ build number and w/ the LC2 and the chrome top of grill
1987 WE4 (with either T-Tops or AstroRoof) - Because it's a WE4 and everyone always calls it a Grand National.
1986 or 1987 LTD or Regal w/ D84 Silver + Gray 2 tone.

Heisenberg , you are right .I could never find another one like it, rust free & running , with the long family history. Keeping it garaged always is what saved that car. It was light years ahead of anything else built in 82. Trying to think of Any vehicle produced 82 -87 that stood out. View attachment 199942

IllhaveaV6

Umm..let me think.
No!
:D

That might not be completely honest.
The Corvette was trying.
The Camaro and IROC were on their way.
Other than that - it was a sad day in America.
Remember the era - we just were coming out of (another) horrific recession.
ChryCo was on the verge of (another BK) - They had the ..cough cough..K-car..haha
But don't forget the ChryCo "GLH" (stands for - "goes like hell!)
Mustang / Fox body was getting better.
But it wasn't Detroit's finest hour

Oh - you said 1982..... thru 1987.
My buddy's 1986 Tuned Port IROC Z28 always gave me fits.
Those were bad ass in their time.
But no one ever mistook them for a Buick Grand National - which is the way I like it.

Heisenberg , you are right .I could never find another one like it, rust free & running , with the long family history. Keeping it garaged always is what saved that car. It was light years ahead of anything else built in 82. Trying to think of Any vehicle produced 82 -87 that stood out. View attachment 199942

IllhaveaV6

So - I'll give you $2500 to relieve you of your misery :D

^ agree with the above statement. Some of the newbs are funny. Yes this is a nice car. Anyone would take it. Is it worth anything? Yeah kinda. Are you gonna get IC price out of it, hell no. I wouldn't paint it, I wouldn't replace the hub caps either unless I had a set of current style wheels to put on it. I would throw fresh bilsteins on it, go through the front end, major tune up, tune for no knock, change all fluids, and put new motor mounts in. After that throw a homemade meth kit on it and again tune for no knock. Good thing about being an 82 you can take advantage of the on board electronics for tuning.