Should I change the Chip?

Boostmeister

I just had a stock rebuild done with the following additions:
New crank sensor, wires, coilpack and module, plugs, green stripe injectors, "237" fp reg, k&N cone. TPS is right on. MAF is OK. Coolant sensor and MAT read OK.

The car seems to run rich, poor part throttle responce. BLM's at 105, o2 usually in the 700-900 range. The car has a Dynotech street chip. Should I replace this chip with the stock (pre recall) chip, and would this improve my driveability?

I am using Diacom for tuning. What should I look for?

Thanks in advance.

Norm

What is your fuel pressure?? Green stripe injectors...009's? 42.5? What does your Iac look like? Not sure what a Diacom is:confused: Might wanna see if you could borrow another chip, that couldnt hurt. Good luck

Haven't checked the static pressure yet. The injectors, I believe, are the ones Kirban sells. Are these "009's"? Or is there another way to tell?

Oh I forgot, it also has a TA-49 turbo.

I plan to do the IAC reset tomorrow. The idle quality seems spotty, rpm between 675 and 800, again with high o2 readings.

Diacom is a scanner that plugs into the ALDL and reads the serial data and displays it on a Laptop just like TL.

Try a Thrasher from Scott Simpson. I believe he can fix you up with one to match those injectors.

Thanks for the help so far. I think I'm going to:

1. Check the FP and cam sensor.
2. Reset IAC.

if that fails

3. Install stock chip

I just want the car running very good (perfectly) stock before
starting some mild performance mods. The car is my daily driver so reliability and econmy is important. But I need the speed!

Update

I checked the fp. It was 45 psi at idle with the vac line off.
I reset the IAC and it is around position 23 at idle. I changed to the stock chip and this helped part throttle, but when I started going up a long hill at 65 mph with low rpm's the car "bucked" a few times as if the engine cuts out. I replaced the stock chip with an old Hypertec street chip and now the car doesn't buck, but the idle is around 625 to 650 rmp. I'm starting to think cam sensor is off. I hear it knocking a bit against the cap. As far as I know it is original to the car 260,000 miles. The injectors are 30 pound green stripes.

Why should this car run rough??????