Knock at light throttle, full throttle new 60's and chip

Trans and motor mounts were replaced in June. I found a loose bracket on the intake over the weekend and tightened it down. Part throttle knock is gone. Knock in third is right after the shift and doesn't increase. With fuel pressure good I'm going to install an LT1 MAF and translator instead of hunting for a good stock MAF. I'll tune from there.

Thanks guys!

Good move on the O2 sensor and Maf. Is it still knocking?
You can try adding fuel with the TT chip.
Also
Glad to hear you've got a good PCV valve.
I wound up capping off my PCV valve to prevent oil getting sucked into the motor. It did help my knock. Some people install an oil separator on the PCV line to retain pcv operation.

Drewster on Tapatalk

I got .2 - 1.2 kr on the scanmaster but it didn't increase from there. Once I get the translator I'll watch for knock and increase fuel as necessary.

What are the O2s when you recall the knock?

Drewster on Tapatalk

You can add some fuel with the TT chip to see if that is the issue. It's pretty easy if you have the manual. If your using 91 Octane its possibly real knock
Sounds likes its running much better in any case.

Drewster on Tapatalk

I'm running 93 octane. I'll install the LT1 MAF and Translator this weekend and add WOT fuel as necessary. I've got 60's now so at least I don't have to worry about running out of injector!

Last edited:
Ok have fun. Didn't know ya had the translator already. Wish I had 93 at the pump.

Drewster on Tapatalk

Thanks!! It should be here tomorrow. I put the fuel pressure gauge on my tta and it read 40 key on, 38 running at idle line on. The Buick read 40 key on but 43 line on. I guess the gauge is good. Not sure why the Buick would read 5psi high at idle & under boost. Same 237 regulator. The TTA has the stock pump but the GN has a new racetronix pump.

Last edited:
Key on only is what it makes during the 2 sec of run before starting. Doesn't really matter for tuning.
Vac Line off at idle, should be used for all fuel pressure settings and line on is just for general knowledge of vac line and under pressure operation.

Drewster on Tapatalk

Thanks Drewster. Base pressure line off is a little high. Maybe it's because of the new pump and hotwire. Blms are good so I should be good to go.

See what TT recommends for their base setting. I believe it is 43 line off. But I haven't checked in a while.

Drewster on Tapatalk

I checked with Eric at tt. He said that should be fine as long as it's running well. Blm's are in range. Thanks!!