Should Horse Power TV do a turbo Buick build up?

Will never happen. Our segment of the market is so small compared to what they usually promote. Most of what they do is just one big ad and promotion for sales anyway. I think we are safe here.:redface:

I would gladly donate Super Junk or my blue driver for the show.
As long as I get it back...

Why would you want them to?

I for one would cringe through every minute of the show as I watch them do things wrong or push lame products. They wouldn't do it anyway since, holley, edelbrock, mr gasket, and all of their subsidiaries basically make no parts for turbo regals. Their programs are infomercials and if there is no big advertisers paying for it there is no show.

Besides, do you really want to see a 300 rwhp turbo buick with 5000 dollars worth of mods? Either they would run like 15 psi of boost, or, actually try going for power and blow some HG's and the show will never make air.

Well said...

NO THEY SHOULD NOT DO A TURBO BUICK.

I like the fact that there are no other turbo Buicks around. I like being different and the only one around.

It's hard enough getting a fair race because everyone thinks these Turbo Buicks all run 10.50s. If they do a budget build and make 500 hp at the wheels, the word would be out and that would be it.

Since I have almost given up on fair races...

Take a bone stock TR:
Alky Control Kit
Turbo Tweak Chip
3" downpipe w/electric cutout
Hot wire kit w/Walbro 340
60lb injectors

Under $2000, and I bet it will put down dyno numbers that beat the cars they modded by spending $4,000
I'd like to see with the Eric and Juilo there to assist in tuning.

I'm not 100% certain but I think they DID a show where they tweaked a GN.

They said it was running rough or something and hopped it up a bit. Tossed in some larger injectors, added an external fuel pump as it handled MUCH more flow than the internal one...bla bla bla...

I think they put it on a dyno too but not certain.

Problem is they never showed any tuning....never mentioned an aftermarket chip..etc.

They did a crappy job and one of us could have done a MUCH better job if they bought the parts.

one show did a Turbo Buick thing a few years back.. 2 hot air cars .. do I need to say any more :eek: