Shifter question.

Installing after market shifters can be a pain in the ass.

It all depends on how particular you are when it comes to how the final product looks and operates. I am not aware of any "kit" that makes it a simple bolt in and go. There is always cutting and trimming required and a lot of premeasuring and planning. There is no book of instruction on how to do it either. Everyone likes it different. Also there are the electrical modifications that may be needed for the reverse lights and P/N safety switch.This is fine for a tinkerer who has the tools and patients to stick with it until it looks and operates perfectly. But if you are not swapping to a different trans and you don't need it for racing purposes, than get what you need to fix the old factory one.

My advise would be....Get the thing up to par first and save the the fancy stuff for later.

If you do choose to to go aftermarket, then here is a pic of my B&M Mega Shifter. Took forever to install because I wouldn't stop messing with it until I was happy. Today, I still think there are things I would change if I did it all over again.View attachment 312017
Yeah I’ve got plenty of time this winter to try my best to do a nice shifter install. The aftermarket shifters look too cool not to have one imo. Just got a fancy new lincoln mig so hopefully I’ll be able to dial one in with the mounting, cutting and attachment to the column shift linkage. Your set up looks great btw.