Seconds away from blowing my motor!!!!!!!!

chops

Driving on the long island expressway today my car started to smoke bad and oil press dropping :eek: I pulled over and oil. All over my engine roof my oil press gauge line blew off:mad: I crimpt the line and I drove off the exit to a parts store and repaired it in the parking lot:smile: I was low 4quarts. If it wasent for vri straight 50 and lucas oil stabalizer I think I would of been done car sounds good no noise from bottom end thank god I saved it just in time:cool:

You've got a lot of cleaning, degreasing, and waxing to do my friend! Get yourself an electrical gauge and avoid the leak-prone lines. Glad you didn't hurt it or anyone.:)

Its going right to the detail shop in the morning!!!!! Who sells the electric gauge??

Glad it's OK!

Gotta keep that car running right.

Keeps me motivated to get mine going! :smile:

i had a cracked line(the one that feeds the turbo) i sortta bumped into it at one one quart down.
Reaction- :mad::mad:broken line :biggrin::D got it in time :D:biggrin:

i always liked mechanical gauges (full sweep) thats all i have
and for some time now I've been worrying about my mechanical oil pressure gauge in my center console.
i really like the fuel sweep electrical gauges - i guess i should get one and replace my mechanical gauge before i end up changing a gauge and carpet instead of just a gauge :eek:

You've got a lot of cleaning, degreasing, and waxing to do my friend! Get yourself an electrical gauge and avoid the leak-prone lines. Glad you didn't hurt it or anyone.:)

Mine let go.... INSIDE THE CAR ! :eek: I'm STILL cleaning up oil 20 years later! :mad:

I had a mechanical oil gauge in my first car a hundred years ago. The plastic line backed out of the compression fitting on the gauge. Got oil all over the place including my pants. Only electric in car now.:rolleyes:

For the folks that are running mecahnical oil pressure gauges, make sure you replace the crappy nylon tubing with copper or steel lines. I have also had a nylon line fail under my dash 25+ years ago in a pick up out in the middle of no-where off road. HAd to fold it over on itself a few times and wrap with electrical tape. Replaced it with copper as soon as I got home.

For the folks that are running mecahnical oil pressure gauges, make sure you replace the crappy nylon tubing with copper or steel lines. I have also had a nylon line fail under my dash 25+ years ago in a pick up out in the middle of no-where off road. HAd to fold it over on itself a few times and wrap with electrical tape. Replaced it with copper as soon as I got home.

Mine WAS copper! It broke at the ferrule on the back of the gage. Oh the humanity! ... probably sprayed a half quart of oil into my newly installed "GNX Style" dash! Electric for me from now on, even though they are not as accurate.

Do you have this style for your boost gauge? I see you can do a lot with them but you're right. $700 bucks for three gauges is a bit expensive...:eek:

go to advanced auto and get an electric autometer gauge for around 50 bucks