"Search" experts needed. How to cut the front fender

mach.80

Thread Killer
Hi,

I've been on our site for 45 mins now using the search tool. I've also searched the site using Google. But to no avail....

Please help me find a thread on how to cut and roll the front fender on a GN. I like the tire to be closer to the fender lip for a more flush look. The car has SP&C stuff as well as 18X8.5 with 245.40zr18 Nitto555nt.

I know I saw one two years ago, just cant find it.

Thanks a ton,

Joe

Yea read throught the posts, but to clairify I need to do the front fenders now the rears are ok. The front fenders are attached to the inner fenders and need to be cut before rolled.

Thanks

You do the fronts the same way but have to lock the steering wheel. Eastwood has a vid on youtube that shows how to do it.

I checked both videos out but, both vehicles have a fender lip like our rears.Kinda an L shape As you probably know already our fronts are kinda boxed in more of a U shape attached to the inner fender sheet metal.

So, I'm guesing I'll have to cut out the excess material to get it to the L shape I need before I roll it

Wheels Rub. How do I cut then roll

I took out the bolts that hold the inner fender to the outer fender. By the way not tie plastic wheel well.

Well see for your self

Attachments

• DSC02808.jpg
    DSC02808.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC02806.jpg
    DSC02806.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC02807.jpg
    DSC02807.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 217
Front are 18X8.5 BS of 4 7/8(offset 15mm). The rim fit fine ,rubbed a little on the lower A-arm, but ok.
The car IS lower with SPC springs.

However I don't like the look of a wheel when it sits too far into the wheel well.
So, I bought 1" adapters. I new I would have to modify the fender to get the clearance I needed. I havent driven the car and don't plan on it until I complete the mod.

I just wanted to see what others have done before I pioneer on the project.

So you're running an 8.5" wheel with basically a 3.77" back spacing now? To fix this you'd need more than a fender rolling. I'd try a little smaller spacer on the fronts first. Like .5" maybe. Rolling won't fix it so you'd have to do some cuttiong and re-configuring of the lip. I could do it myself but it would require some serious body work to be done.

Yea I got the Wheel where I want it now. I planned on this. So, I'll trim off the excess and leave about 3/8 on the fender then roll that if need be. I'll probably fab up an inner fender peice of sheet metal to re-join the inner to the outter fenders.

I don't mind reworking stuff. I've already added ls1 brakes, an LQ4/4l80e and everything else why not a lil bodywork. Besides the car needs a ton of it anyway.

What I would suggest is to cut in sections and add some metal in a V section. You'd need a couple of spare fenders to have the parts to do it but you could make them look like GNX fenders.

What I would suggest is to cut in sections and add some metal in a V section. You'd need a couple of spare fenders to have the parts to do it but you could make them look like GNX fenders.

but if he makes them look like GNX fenders, then the wheels will be way inside the lip of the wheelwell and he will be right back where he started before the wheel spacers, except he will have dorky looking bulges.

is the front end aligned to it's final specs? if not, an actual alignment might tip the top of the tire in just enough to clear without any work needing to be done.

if it was my car, i'd just machine the wheel spacers down 1/4" and call it good..

example

Yes, alignment is to final specs per SC&C. The wheel is still 1" inside the fender according to the plum bob.
I am happy where the wheel sits for now but I would like to get all the body modifications finished prior to paint(which is far off) Here is an example of what my NEXT set of wheels will be geared too. Love it or hate it its just another set of shoes. and not necessarily this style but more of the fitment.

Some guys get to have all the fun | Just Stance

It just occurred to me that the body bushings may have collapsed. Have you checked them to see if they're good?

All new polly. Ride height is where I want for now I eventually want to go with the AFX spindles too which will drop it another 7/8" So I want to get the clearance issues absolutely hammered out.

So off the my buddys to borrow an air saw. I'll cut today then make a filler bracket at a later date when i take the fender off for paint.

If anyone thinks of anyone else who has done this let me know.

I love all the input I can get before I get into any project.