Turbo Shield Won't Fit? Help Needed.

mheath717

Hello everyone,

I'm a long time gbody owner, but new to turbo Regals. I recently purchased an 87 Grand National, and now I'm having an issue with a stock turbo shield not fitting. I searched all over the site, but couldn't find anything about this issue. Please forgive me if this has been discussed a thousand times. The car was missing the cover when I bought it. So after a quick search, I found one on eBay. Bought it as a used cover that was already trimmed for larger down pipes. Was in rough shape, so I had it blasted and powder coated. I thought this would be a two second job, and life would be good...

I sit the cover on the turbo, and it sits there looking nice. My problem is that the bolt holes are about a half inch or so misaligned. Everything I found on the site here says that the only issue is with down pipe clearance, but that wasn't causing my problem. When sitting the cover on the turbo it seems like it needs to be "slid" over to the right a little bit to line up the bolt holes correctly. But there's no room for me to move it over without hitting the other half of the turbo.

So what do you advise I do here? I really don't want to cut the other side of this cover, but I may not have a choice. Or maybe this just won't fit? Thanks for any help you can offer me.
Powdercoated Cover.jpg
Cover 1.jpg
Cover 2.jpg
Cover 3.jpg
Cover 4.jpg
Cover 5.jpg

I've attached some photos, hopefully this helps explain the issue a little more. I believe my turbo is a TE44.

I had that problem too. A few well placed smacks with my fist and it lines right up with the holes. just make sure your oil feed line is clear.