SD2 chip install would not start

TurboTdr3.8

I installed my new chip today and would not start , updated pl still no start , put old chip back in starts and runs perfect , put new chip back in still no start , so checking tune table settings and looked and injector file was 0 , so I set to 75lbs to my injectors and bingo starts up and runs , where did I miss this when doing the install of the chip and pl update ? I thought it was programed in the start up menu to my injectors .

If you just threw in the chip and tried to start, then there's where the problems started. It has to be done in the order in which the instructions state. (All the PL updating and reflashing needs to be done first). You'll also need to make sure there is a value in the injector offset (somewhere around 20-25).
Glad you got it going.:)

Can't answer your question about why that field is blank upon receipt. Mine was too, even though I ordered my chip for 50's. No big deal though, I spotted it before I tried starting.

You'll also need to make sure there is a value in the injector offset (somewhere around 20-25).
Glad you got it going.:)
All the figures on table were there except injector size , do I need to start over or am I ok the way it is now ?

Dave,
When it happened to you, had you already reflashed the PL before the chip install? Or did you have the chip in first, then reflash?

I may need to be more specific in the instructions.

I'll try to replicate the situation here.

Eric

All the figures on table were there except injector size , do I need to start over or am I ok the way it is now ?

No need to start over, you are good now.

Bob and I will check it out.

For anyone else installing the SD2 chip, if the injector size box is blank, just type in your size (while connected) and you should be good. The value is lbs/hr, so if you have 50's, put 50 in there. Also make sure there is a value in the injector offset box.

Regards,
Eric

perhaps the instructions need to include setting chip param 16 to 1, and then disconnecting and cycling the key.

although, it was intended to be automagic.

something to investigate.

Bob

Haha. Glad I'm not the only dumbass to do this. Installed the chip then flashed PL.
So if I set param 16 to 1 then disconnect power and cycle the key, it will return the chip to it's default settings?

You don't need to disconnect power. Bob meant disconnect from monitor mode.
So, set param 16 to 1, press Esc to disconnect, turn key off for a couple seconds.
Then when you key back on and connect, the injector size box should have the right number in there.

I will have a fix for this in a future update to the PL software. For now, just do the cell 16 reset as outlined above as well as in the chip manual.

Bob

I will have a fix for this in a future update to the PL software. For now, just do the cell 16 reset as outlined above as well as in the chip manual
The 16 reset 1 is not working on mine, inj numbers go back to zero , it keeps memory in the pl cells but not in the tune table ,what do I need to do ?

If you already typed in the right injector size (75) and the injector offset is in the 20's, then you don't need to do the param 16 reset. You can start tuning.

I talked to Eric about my problem and what I found out was I was rushing my slow computer to connect and hitting f8 several times , now I just turn key on hit f8 1 time and wait and it will connect and all is fine now , the tables all work and figures are all there . What I was thinking was I was trying to double load the pl file and the computer did not like that at all , my computer was reman so its slow as heck . thanks again Bob and Eric for your advice and help .

I talked to Eric about my problem and what I found out was I was rushing my slow computer to connect and hitting f8 several times , now I just turn key on hit f8 1 time and wait and it will connect and all is fine now , the tables all work and figures are all there . What I was thinking was I was trying to double load the pl file and the computer did not like that at all , my computer was reman so its slow as heck . thanks again Bob and Eric for your advice and help .

I think the slow f8 thing is not your computer. There must be some additional background stuff associated with this new complex setup. Even my high speed laptop takes several seconds for f8 to happen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

I think the slow f8 thing is not your computer. There must be some additional background stuff associated with this new complex setup. Even my high speed laptop takes several seconds for f8 to happen.
It did not do that till the new flash to the pl , I just figured it was my cheap computer .

It's the new pl and plc, when you connect plc requests the current tune from the pl so the tables will be there when you open the tune page. It adds about 3 seconds to the connect lag.

B
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It's the new pl and plc, when you connect plc requests the current tune from the pl so the tables will be there when you open the tune page. It adds about 3 seconds to the connect lag.
Thanks Bob I'm glad I waited cause I was about ready to send my chip and pl back in and see what was wrong with it , mine has about a 10 sec lag now