NAl 00

Then I have a couple things from the Snap on scanner:
exhaust Oxygen - Lean/Rich going back and forth
Airflow gm/sec - 6
Load/LV8 - 33
Spark Advance - 27-29
o2 crosscounts - 3-10
Propor Setup - Lean/Rich going back and forth

So could you guys kindly tell me how screwed up this car is and where to start.

I think its a stock chip.I have a couple other chips,one is an ATR Strip chip,Hypertech street chip and a Thrasher 92.These all came with the car.Would any of these be better?The only mods are 3" catback/no cat,2 1/2 crossover and DP,LT1 MAF w/translator,70 mm TB/plenum,33# prowler injectors?,walbro340 w/hotwire kit,K&N,adj boost control.Its sits pretty much the way I got it.I am FINALLY getting the time to figure it out.Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

parameters

Hi,
I wonder also, what are the driveability issues? Your data looks fairly normal at idle, of course that leaves a lot of operational range uncovered. More info, please!

Steve86TA said:
These are all @ idle #'s
02-085-734 18.8-20.4
AF 06
L8 38-41
bat 13.8
Int 126-133
BL 129
mph
clt 157
ATS 46
R 800
tps 44
IAC 38
NAl 00

Then I have a couple things from the Snap on scanner:
exhaust Oxygen - Lean/Rich going back and forth
Airflow gm/sec - 6
Load/LV8 - 33
Spark Advance - 27-29
o2 crosscounts - 3-10
Propor Setup - Lean/Rich going back and forth

So could you guys kindly tell me how screwed up this car is and where to start.

Numbers are normal. A cross count only occurs when the O2 goes from rich/lean.. I personally like the IAC a little lower.. like 20.. but where its at shouldnt pose any issue.

I have to take it out and get some WOT #'s,but it just dosent seem to run like it should.It runs 13.1 @ 106.It seems to run rich.I am going to give it a full tune up and go from there.Would any of the other chips I have be any better that the stocker thats in it?Is the 70mm TB/plenum helping or hurting?

Work out any issues first, before changing things. Could end up chasing your tail.

FWIW, I wouldn't put the ATR or Hypertech in, ever.

What are the settings in the translator ?

Steve86TA said:
I have to take it out and get some WOT #'s,but it just dosent seem to run like it should.It runs 13.1 @ 106.It seems to run rich.I am going to give it a full tune up and go from there.Would any of the other chips I have be any better that the stocker thats in it?Is the 70mm TB/plenum helping or hurting?

The 70mm tb will probably hurt more than it helps. As it changes the amount of air coming into the motor. In other words, less pedal allows more air. This creates other issues with TV cable/tranny pressure. Allowing motor to make more tq with less pedal.. this additional TQ can create the tranny issue since the TV cable isnt fully extended. If the tranny has been modified with a different TV valve.. then its a non issue. Case of the TB left stock is more than capable for a high 10 sec car.

Every change performed to the car has consequences.. becuase its bigger doesnt make it faster/better.

As to your question.. the Thrasher92 or have a custom prom burned. Eric@turbotweak.com, fullthrottlespeed.com, etc..

You never listed numbers at WOT, how much boost, octane used, etc..

"Rich" is a relative term.. at what speed, what numbers, etc,,,

Leave the car as close to stock as possible and work on learning to read what it tells you.. throwing mods/parts will create a mess.. when trying to figure it out.

The 13.1 at 106 is not a bad number.. just depends what boost you ran to get it. The 60 foot needs work.

Razor said:
The 70mm tb will probably hurt more than it helps. As it changes the amount of air coming into the motor. In other words, less pedal allows more air.

FWIW, I found my car much more responsive with the 70 mm than the stocker. Never noticed the tranny implications. Interesting, I'll have to pay more attention to that.

However, there were a number of reports that the Kenne Belle unit had idle and response problems which the Accufab did not. I know people that swapped the KB for the Accufab and the problem went away. Perhaps it was something else but this was reported more than once.

That is the main problem with the 2004r, as it raises line pressure with TV, unlike a T350 or T400 that use a vacuum modulator.

See on a small block chevy.. you do heads and cam.. now the car idles at less vacuum..rump rump.. guess what also happens.. the tranny shifts harder.

Our cars you increase line pressure by yanking on the cable.. the less you yank the cable, the less pressure rise.. the less main line pressure the more prone to slipping. At WOT.. doesnt matter as the cable is fully yanked.. its the part throttle thats the issue.. increasing air into the motor.. increases power at part throttle.

Yes drivability/throttle response improves.. but it can have consequences.. just an FYI. Other issues sometimes can lead to reprogramming chips since now with less TPS you have additional air.

GM had theyre thinking caps on, and did what they did for a reason.