Scanmaster Question

I'd pay close attention to these guys. Earl's about right from my limited experience. I purchased bone stock 1986 with 17K on the clock. I did fuel pump (twice), hotwire, plugs, all fluids, hoses, filters. A stock car with stock chip, depending on temperature and the like will run somwhere close to 15, so you are not all that far off. Knock is a very bad thing, I'm dealing with a couple of degrees my self at 15 psi and 93 octane. I've found it is very difficult to tune these cars without adjustable fuel pressure regulator (in car or on hood fuel gauge), scan master / power logger (I need to get power logger), and a bunch of help from this forum. It is stunning the variables that go into getting these things to run right, there's not a 100 of them, but they are infinitely adjustable and the combinations are endless.
Have fun with the car but don't rush the process. And just come to grips with the fact that without tons of money and time you'll remain in the 14's and maybe 13's, which is where I know my car will spend its life.
Joel

Joel, I agree 100% with everything you are saying. Thanks for taking the time to write it. To all: I hear you loud and clear. Thanks again

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app