SC Pulley

SLICK6

I just bought a 96 riv and noticed it had a noise coming from the sc pulley.I slipped the belt off and felt the pulley.It seemed as if it was loose on the shaft,is this normal? or is the pulley toast?If so what is involved in changing the pulley.

try www.clubgp.com i just signed up there for supercharged advice!! working out relly well for me...let the modding begin!!! i think they have a section in there for buick rivs?? i know regal!!

becareful not to believe everything on clubgp.com....there are alot of idiots on there

a little rattle type noise as you go back and forth is ok
if its excessive or rattles loudly as the engine is running then you might have bad bearings or coupler...

this is true there are alot of idiots on alot of boards but far as basic stuff they been helpful!

Thanks for the replies,I'll have to keep an eye on it I may just pull off the pulley to make sure if it's not too tough.I think i'm going to have alot of questions about this car as i'm not familiar with it.IT sure is a nice car I just hope it stays together. DAVE

i don't think the pulley would be loose on the shaft...they are on there very tight

What is involved in taking the sc pulley off?There is a noise when the moter is running,nothing earth shattering but noticable.

you need to get a pully puller, then it should pop right off, dont be alarmed by the loud noise when popping it off as this is normal.