Saw two GN's this past week...

jsta6

John 15:17
Sighting #1:
Thursday or I think Friday around 4-5PM. I-95 South. 1986-87 GN on the back of a semi-truck car hauler along with one other car. Got off on Sheridan street going East. Semi had Florida plates. GN had a "Grand National" plate where the license plate would have been.

Sighting #2:
Saturday 4:30PM. 1986 GN going East on Broward blvd. Had aftermarket rims. Made a left (South) the first street after US1. Maybe going to the Las Olas art fair?

yeah i have seen this guy near las olas a few times i think he lives near there did his pipes exit out the back by the bumper rims like yours to i think. oh didnt you have some tranny problems i did to for the 3rd time so i figured no more messing around and i pulled the old stock one out and put in the no lock up bad to the bone race tranny backed by the 9 inch art carr all billet converter what a diffrence i think u should consider.

tranny

Yep. My band was bad. Direct drum also.

I don't know why, but my tranny had regular clutches and band, instead of heavy duty ones. This pisses my off, becuase I told him I wanted it to last. Anyway, I upgraded to the heavy duty clutches and band, and all should be well.

I am going to add something to the SFTBC "recomended mods" site. A special section on trannies. In addition to the normal 2004r rebuild, I recommend the following, half of which I already had:

================
Billet Servo: $150 - $190.
Heavy duty wide band: $30 - $40.
Heavy duty band anchor: $30.
Above is sold as a kit from PTS for: $225.

Biggest Tranny cooler you can find: $30 - $50.

Art Carr aluminum deep finned pan (with 7004r filter mod): $150 - $200.

Heavy Duty direct drum with clutches (red or blue): $112 - $180.

Heavy duty clutches (red or blue): $100.

Governer spring should be screwed down.

Valve body shift kit: $70.

================

Sighting #3:

86 GN on Davie Blvd. Abouth 1 mile west of US1 in Ft. Lauderdale.

Also saw a green n/a Regal parked next to it. They were at a house that was right on Davie Blvd. I have seen it there plenty of times in the past three weeks, so they must live there.

Yeah, make SURE you have that little screw added to keep the governor spring from popping off. I popped mine off on dyno day and had to have Jeff put that little screw in. Pretty trick idea - surprized mine didn't have it. Live and learn.

Terry

yeah that band was always my problem kept burning them and the drum up. that gn on davie is about a mile from my house the guys name is joe thats a hot air car 85. shawn i want a rematch some time bro that higher stall makes a huge diffrence 0-60 i am hiting 4.4 with wheel spin i am ready for you until something else breaks lol.

Tranny

did u go back to ivan or somebody else

I went back to Ivan.

The only difference between this time and last time is, last time I got:

Shift kit
cooler
billet servo

This time I got:

heavy duty band
heavy duty clutches

I am not blaming him for anything. I don't remember exactly how our converstaiton went when I first took my tranny to him a few years ago. So I can't say why I didn't get the HD band and cluches back then.

But I have them now, and I know it better last me 10 years without a problem...

builder

Shawn:

Kids are getting bigger !!!! I really do not know Ivan, Do you have his phone number or address. I'm looking into rebuilding my trans. down the road.

Thanks

Tranny Tech
305-819-3030

Spend the little extra $ and get the afforementioned parts.

Twins are good. Really a lot of love. Really a lot of work...