same car same issue

nickd2689

Hey everyone, so I finally have time to get back to my 84 turbo regal project, only i still cant figure out whats wrong with it, I have fuel (cant verify pressure, but fuel comes out of test port on fuel rail), Spark, crank/cam signals, and it turns over as well. I had replaced the coil, wires and plugs already, but still having trouble. I followed the no-start sticky and unfortunately have had no luck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

tap a gauge at your fuel rail, if you cant get it started use starter fluid in the throttle, see whats your fuel pressure, if you dont have any of the three spark, fuel and air car wont start if you have all but out of balance it should start just idle horribly!

What should the fuel pressure be? I tried hooking up my fuel pressure guage on the rail but it just leaked, worked fine on my blazer though. shouldn't it work?

Mess around with the chips and ecm connections. Right calpak? chips in right?

MAF
TPS
INjector harness might be getting no power
I say give those a try

43 without the vacuum line on the regulator! do you have an adjustable fuel regulator? maybe the fitting on it is the wrong size? just get an inline one from a board member, alot of these guys change good parts for better ones all the time and just have left over times!

the car would still run bad without the maf or a bad or wrong maf! happened to me but i got a used delco maf for idleing issues?

I do have a adjustable FPR. I will try to start the car on starting fluid to be sure, but I havent changed the ignition module yet. How could I test this part to be sure?

are you getting fuel? from the pump? maybe hot wire kit not grounded right! happened to me too! didnt feel the need to sand the contact point for the ground, and my fuel pump didnt work.

yes I am getting fuel at the test port. I can hear the fuel pump loud and clear. Im thinking something electrical, but I have no DTC's, and the prom and calpak are in.

yes, It does turn over. Im looking at the sites you provided right now. I'm suspecting the ignition module.

you can do it cheap way, with a screw driver at the end of the boot on the plug wires and at the module end maybe the wires are bad! if all good shows spark at every wire, change your fuel filter, use started fluid and start it up! it might just need a boost. ill tell you from experience if you start your car with a clogged fuel filter you will burn your pump right away! and check if you have the right chip for your injectors!

......... I have fuel (cant verify pressure, but fuel comes out of test port on fuel rail),........!

This you have to verify.
I had a car that would start and die. PLENTY fuel comming out of the rail, but pressure was low.

hoping to take a look at it tomorrow or friday, but at the latest sat/sun. anyway, When I hook up my fuel pressure guage it just leaks, seams to thread on just fine. leakes around the hose by the fitting going to the rail. same guage works perfectly fine on my blazer though.

ok i will have to buy a new one and try it What would ideal fuel pressure be?? 42.5 injectors, adjustable FPR, warboro 340, PROM chip, and T33c turbo (just incase it matters).