S2 on center block, LA Billet Kryptonite crank, S2 heads and more...

junkbrick

All parts are brand new and never run, price is "reasonable offer" or possible trades for parts listed at the end of the ad. I will not separate and I am motivated to sell...but I am not desperate. Feel free to call, email or PM me with any questions. Thank you!

IMG_2709-vi.jpg

IMG_2706-vi.jpg

IMG_2708-vi.jpg

IMG_2707-vi.jpg

The block is fully machined by Dennis Boyd and Mike Ford of Boyd Racing Engines in Florida, Circa 1994. Block includes main caps, ARP studs. It has been fully machined, 4.060 bore, align honed and squared. It is currently painted and greased up. It has some very minor "fingerprint" rust in areas. I can strip the whole block and clean for better pictures.

IMG_2710-vi.jpg

IMG_2711-vi.jpg

Crankshaft is an LA Enterprises Billet Kryptonite model, 3.625" stroke, 2.250 rods and 2.50" mains

IMG_2700-vi.jpg

IMG_2702-vi.jpg

Heads are new GM castings, never machined. I have the valve seats that came with them. 100% un touched

more coming...

Intake is new, never ported. It will be set up for FI with rails and bungs before sale...I started this project and need to finish.

IMG_2704-vi.jpg

IMG_2705-vi.jpg

Valve covers are new and never modified...

IMG_2699-vi.jpg

more coming...

BHJ balancer, Moroso water pump, Buick front cover...all new. The front cover had a bracket welded on it, it has since been removed. 100% straight.

IMG_2699-vi.jpg

I also have a box full of misc. rocker arm parts, both shaft and pedestal mount, gear drive parts, camshafts, rev kits, lifters, 1 pair of assembled used heads with Ti valves and new K motion springs, just a full box of Stage 2 goodies to go with it.

Items I would consider partial trades for:

XFI
Built 200r4 transmission by a reputable shop with warranty
Hood insulator (new only)
84-85 T-type in running condition
RJC girdle for 109, new
Off center stroker crank and rods (new) for production block
Champion cast intake for off center engine
STD bore 109 blocks and turbo cranks
stock un modified intake manifolds
Any new old stock parts for 87Gn
Stock turbochargers, 84-87

Please feel free to ask any questions... I can deliver to BG on any day. References on request.

Thank you,
Reed Patridge
reed@workturbochargers.com

Interested in LA billet crank if someone gets the block

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hey reed Kent talked to u about the balancer for me. Just let me no thanks see ya in b g.

Hey reed Kent talked to u about the balancer for me. Just let me no thanks see ya in b g.

Interested in LA billet crank if someone gets the block

I would like to try and sell everything as a package, but if I get reasonable offers on individual items then I may consider parting it out.

Thank you!
Reed

Why did you bore the block 4.060"?

Neal

The block was already finish bored when I purchased it. Dennis assured me there is plenty of material in this casting to go 4.080 easily, and he has run them at 4.125 on occasion. I will drop the block off at my local machine shop and have it sonic checked first of the week so we have the data.

Is there a package price?
I am looking for and offer on it all...but several people have asked me about selling individual items and I would rather deal with it all as a package.

I feel like it is worth ~$8500, but I am motivated to get it sold so I can put the money back into my street car, Bottom dollar for it all would be $7500.00...but I may entertain some offers of cash and trades for parts that I need to finish my car.

I am going to post up pictures of all the extra parts I have this weekend, and I will also get detail shots of the block as soon as I get it all cleaned up from the grease and paint that is on it to protect the finish.

Here is how I arrived at that price

Block $3500
Crank $2500
Heads, valve covers, balancer, intake, second set of assembled heads, misc valvetrain parts, front cover $1500.00 as I know these items are less desirable...but a new untouched castings and mint valve covers are not that easy to find

The block was already finish bored when I purchased it. Dennis assured me there is plenty of material in this casting to go 4.080 easily, and he has run them at 4.125 on occasion. I will drop the block off at my local machine shop and have it sonic checked first of the week so we have the data.

4.080" would probably be the limit for a forced induction application. 4.125 won't work the cylinder wall thickness would be way too thin. The bore spacing is 4.240" so at 4.125" you'd be at less that .060" wall thickness best case scenario. I know Tim Cole had an aspirated motor that was 4.100" but the end cylinders were offset bored and sleeved as I recall.

Neal

4.080" would probably be the limit for a forced induction application. 4.125 won't work the cylinder wall thickness would be way too thin. The bore spacing is 4.240" so at 4.125" you'd be at less that .060" wall thickness best case scenario. I know Tim Cole had an aspirated motor that was 4.100" but the end cylinders were offset bored and sleeved as I recall.

Neal

Makes perfect sense, maybe Dennis was talking about a sleeve/offset at that point....been a long time ago since we had that conversation. This block was originally headed out to Joe Nemecheck's Busch team before they moved away from it, hence the .060 bore.

Would you consider trade on built 109 complete engine intake to pan?

86 GN clean title strait across for the stage set up