S/X Fuel pump

LinearX

Hippie
www.espperformance.com/sxfuel.htm

Anyone seen or used this? They also have one the call the "ESP Super Pump" that is an in-tank pump as well.

I wonder how either of these compare to a Walbro 340?

Just thinking aloud here. I didn't find anything on the S/X webpage about an in-tank pump, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Any clues?

SX pumpz

I had an SX external system on my car for 1, that's right, 1 weekend!!:mad: They advertised it as good for 1000 hp on FI/turbo system.. It wouldn't support 700. [The car was in the lo 10's]
I can't speak on the in-tank stuff. However, I think SX has had a "regrouping of thots" as alot of the "dlrs" they had dropped the line.

I'd NOT use their stuff... with the AEROMOTIVE, Bosch, WALBRO, Weldon pumps available, choose 1 of them to fit your combo..

JMO,

PS: I have the Aeromotive Eliminator on the car now to replace the SX.;) ;)

If you can (Reach) Tony D:rolleyes: Talk to him about his bosch 370 External he sells;) I baught one from him about 3months ago, and really like it... This pump is rebuildable unlike the areomotive pumps:eek: Its also good for 1,000 or so ponys..
Matt:cool:

OK, so Chuck had a bad experience with his SX pump on his lo-10-second car. Alan Whitter succesfully ran one on his 8-second car. I love my SX pump on my hi-10-second ride. Conley's Performance sells a lot of SX pumps. I don't think one bad apple should spoil the lot.

Check out the real stuff http://www.essexind.com/sx_frame.htm

Hope that helps!

I certainly didn't want this to turn into a war of words for against any S/X product. I just happen to see ESP listing an in-tank made by S/X and was kind of wondering if anyone had used one or compared it against a Walbro or XP pump.

On a side note, if i decide to go with an external pump, how does it get the fuel? I'm assuming that the in-tank pump is replaced with something like a pickup unit, but I've never personally seen an external setup on a TR.

I also have an SX pump and have had nothing but good luck with it for 2 years now. The thing pumps fuel like a fire hose and NEVER runs my motor lean! As for feeding it, you basically have 2 choices. 1 would be to weld a sump onto your existing OE tank and feed the pump with -10 line. Or, 2 would be to nix the OE tank and install a fuel cell in the trunk. Whatever you do, make sure that the pump is as close to level or below the level of the outlet of the tank. SX pumps are not known for their incrediable head pulling abilities, thus keeping it at or below outlet. HTH