?'s from a 'turbo brick' newbie...

R

Rufio

I'm fairly new to the turbo Buick's, and I'm very interested in making one of these my next daily driver. I was wondering how well they held up in stock form. What about with mods? What are the first mods you should do to a basically stock car? What kind of stall converter would you recommend for a totally street driven GN? Thanks for the help ahead guy.

Brandon

Read this first....

GNttype.org Recipe page

The stock converter works great into the 11's. Only when a 10 second capable turbo is bolted on do you really need a larger converter (and by then, you'll have already put on a lot of other 10 second capable parts)

To answer your question how these cars held up in "stock form"

I ordered an 87 black T-type New in 87.......Ironically the dealer "goofed" and What I GOT was a WE-4 {Nobody knew what it was back then} I used this car as my "Company car" and I drove it for three years....in ALL weather......everyday.

When I got rid of it it had 120,000 miles on it and all i ever did was change the oil, plugs, wires !!

They are tougher than they look!

Needles to say, I yearned for the old booost power and I finally found another WE-4 and take MUCH better car of this one!

Tom;)

These cars take to mods like nothing I've ever seen. All my other car friends cannot believe how easy it is to make power in a TR. In stock form they're sweet, FAST cars, faster than most things out there. And they're tough. But once you start modding, you've got one fast street car. Those perf. recepies will show you what to do, based on how fast you wanna make the car. Don't sweat the converter, stock is a what, 2400 Rpm on these cars (as opposed to sub 2k for most?) Even with a smaller upgraded turbo (capable of 11s) the stock converter is fine. Don't worry, you'll have plenty of other stuff to spend your $$$ on. :cool:

Good luck and welcome!