Running extremely lean at idle and boost??????

Yeah I have not been able to locate one. Might have to swing by tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to pressurize the system tomorrow and check for major vacuum/boost leaks. As long as all is well I will come.by.

And as far as running goes.
Before the hg swap it never had any idle issues or stumbling like it does now. It definitely stems from the fuel issue though so I'm sure its just a minor oversight.
Well I should say that I really hope it is just something stupid lol.

I will report back tomorrow with vacuum leak results.

Did I see a comment that neither of the temp sensor wires were hooked up? [Aftermkt ga in use]. If that's the case, and the ecm is not receiving a temp reading, then it will not go into closed loop....Thus, the O2 is not "in play"........
Like I said B4, If the idle vac is 20", it's not a vac leak.

Did I see a comment that neither of the temp sensor wires were hooked up? [Aftermkt ga in use]. If that's the case, and the ecm is not receiving a temp reading, then it will not go into closed loop....Thus, the O2 is not "in play"........
Like I said B4, If the idle vac is 20", it's not a vac leak.
You read correctly.
There are two green wires coming from harness near the cam sensor and both are not hooked up.

I had no clue what either were for. And wasn't sure if they were needed. They are still unplugged.

ONe has a cap that hooks up to a sensor the intake manifold. The other just has an eyelet the looks like it should be grounded somewhere.

BOth wires Look to be the same green color. Or very similar at least.

If you go back to the last page I posted a pic of one of them.

Did I see a comment that neither of the temp sensor wires were hooked up? [Aftermkt ga in use]. If that's the case, and the ecm is not receiving a temp reading, then it will not go into closed loop....Thus, the O2 is not "in play".........

The ECM temp sensor is hooked up, but the fan temp switch is not. This is a converted hot air car that has a dual fan set up and not wired through the factory harness. It has its own relays, and is switched on with ignition power.

The "green" wires in question appear to be for the factory coolant sensor, and the other may be for the fuel pump, but does not make sense that there would be a ground at that location in a factory harness? :confused:

Look at post 39 on this thread, by me. I was pretty sure there were two wires that went to the coolant sensor in the intake. They both had crimped eyelets on the if I remember right, and there was a nut or two holding them on the sensor. If you changed the wiring for the gauges ( I thought I remember you swapped gauges?) then that black screw on cap is supposed to hold them both on. (VDOs come with black cap IIRC).

Did that pic on back of alt show correctly with a broken (or at least not attached) eyelet, or was it good to go?

There should be another green on the pass side that is a female crimped connector that should NOT be hooked to anything. It is not shielded and I had it taped up. This was the test jumper? Some guys use to drain the tank IIRC.

I will go try that now.

I never swapped coolant gauges.

That picture was a giant mind f@ck. It was an optical illusion that had me looking everywhere for a a broken eyelet that didn't exist. Lol

damnit
ok just went out and checked on things

the coolant temp sensor which I believe is for the ecm is on the front of the intake and has a black wire and a yellow wire going to it and it is plugged in. when i unplug it the cel comes on.

There was absolutely no change in idle, afrs or anything with it unplugged

still not sure where the green wire goes

Is your temp gauge in the console pod working? If not, then that green wire is for it, and should go on the coolant sensor with the ecm wire.

Does the new relay you installed (for the 2x pumper I assume) need to be grounded?

Is your temp gauge in the console pod working? If not, then that green wire is for it, and should go on the coolant sensor with the ecm wire.

Does the new relay you installed (for the 2x pumper I assume) need to be grounded?

both temp gauges work on the pod and the scanmaster

I will go give another look and see if i can see where that green wire goes. It is being a pain.

And I am not sure about the relay being grounded. Figured it would go off the ground from the harness?? I can try grounding it to the body and see if that does anything.

Grounded the relay
redid all the wires going to the alt to make sure everything was good
aligator clipped the green wire with eyelet to the only other sensor on the intake that it could go to

car was running a bit rich for a change but that was short lived
it still stumbled and ran like ass but was in the 12-13:1 range. As soon as the second pump kicked on it ran even worse. noticeably stumbled and slowed down.

And then started running lean again
:mad:

I would start your car and unplug your cam sensor , if it starts running fine. You know your problem

I will go try that now

Ok here are the results from unplugging the cam sensor

Car at 160degreees while running and idling at 17:1 afr
pull cam plug and it goes to 14:5-15:1 and seems to idle much better

I plugged the sensor back in and it shoots up back to 17-18:1

so I pulled it again and back to 14:7 ish
with the CEL on

I took it for a spin and instantly the idle seemed better and the first two very modest pulls I did felt very strong and consistent with absolutely no sputtering anywhere all the way to 15psi. AFRs were at 11:1 yet I was getting some retard degrees around 1.5-2

After turning around the car started running like ass again. Same issues as before. Running lean, stumbling at light throttle. And I tried getting on it and back to falling on its face :mad:

I thought I fixed it!!!! damnit lol

What do you guys take from this??

Need any more information?

i am about ready to take this car to a shitty neighborhood and leave the keys on the roof

fixed a few vacuum leaks
found out one of the spark plug wires wasnt fully on one of the coil posts

took it out for a spin and ran like absolute dog shit
I tried getting on it for a brief second and a loud poof noise came from the engine and it would barely idle
I couldnt give it any gas or it would just stall out, had to idle it back home

and now it is idling at 12psi at vacuum and sounds like shit
giving it throttle sounds like its running on 4cylinders max

I dont understand what happened from before the hg swap till now that would cause this damn issue

You verified the cam sensor was set correctly?

no I havent done that yet.

i got it running better now, the ic hose popped off.

With the cam sensor unplugged it runs noticeably better. Not great, but better.

Nick suggested that I replace cap

popped the cam cap off. Doesnt look like there is much that can go wrong???
that piece is solid and definitely still connected.