Running extremely lean at idle and boost??????

That is the wire for the factory coolant temp sensor modified with a different connector.

The temp gauge in the car uses its own sensor in place of the factory one.

Below your finger in the pic is the ECM temp sensor and that does have the factory connector.

When the heads were reconditioned, they had to be surfaced. The different ported intake did go on, but not easy?

The new cut on both head surfaces did not allow the different intake manifold to seal properly, so it was removed and machined to fit. This is a common condition which requires the intake to be machined when the block and heads have cut, and is always checked during an engine build.

This was not the first time I have encountered this type of issue, especially with unknown builds?

So do these need to be connected at all? Currently both of those green wires are not connected.

here are a few more pics, just trying to see if someone can see something wrong that I am overlooking

I wasnt sure if those needed to be grounded or not.

In that first pic, is there a ground wire connector broken in half and not connected? (To the left of the two fuse holders)???

What about pulling the valve covers, pulling the rockers arms/ shafts off, pulling the inlet pipe to the throttle body, then use one of those pressurize hoses/fitting to see if there is a leak in the intake or elsewhere. What about the EGR valve? Did you try another fuel pressure reg?

Man I wish I was closer...

I don't have another fpr but I am suspicious of the current one.

However I have no clue what the symptoms of a bad one are.

Oh. And I just got on it for a second right now while watching the o2 mv and the retard degrees went to 8.4 at like 15psi of boost. Crap

[quote="Squid4life, post: 3229246, member: 13918..... to see if there is a leak in the intake or elsewhere. What about the EGR valve? .........[/quote]

If the EGR has a leak it would possibly be because the one on the car is an aftermarket unit, and does not fit good like a factory one?

TT chips don't use the EGR so maybe it could be eliminated? A friend was working on a Lt1 Corvette that was running like ass and throwing codes. While looking at the EGR he noticed the aftermarket unit had the wires reversed. He had to change the locations on the plug and it worked fine.

That is the wire for the factory coolant temp sensor modified with a different connector.

The temp gauge in the car uses its own sensor in place of the factory one.

Below your finger in the pic is the ECM temp sensor and that does have the factory connector.

When the heads were reconditioned, they had to be surfaced. The different ported intake did go on, but not easy?

The new cut on both head surfaces did not allow the different intake manifold to seal properly, so it was removed and machined to fit. This is a common condition which requires the intake to be machined when the block and heads have cut, and is always checked during an engine build.

This was not the first time I have encountered this type of issue, especially with unknown builds?
I fought this issue for some time on my motor. Heads were barely touched and coolant would seap out the lower intake gasket. Went to ford dealer and bought a tube of the gasket maker ford used on the 03 cobras and put it all over the gasket. So far so good but next time I have it apart I will probably have the lower machined like you say. would hate for coolant to leak into lifter valley and damage my bearings.

I believe the egr is eliminated on the manifold as well, so I dont think that is my problem

just for shits and giggles I swapped mafs and chips and nothing changed :/

have you unplugged the injectors with it running yet 1 may not be opening or they may be wired in the wrong order by accident .i just spent 3 days diagnosing a car that just had a new ecu wired by the professionals and it had the injector wiring messed up on 2 injectors and was firing them in the wrong order made it lean as shit and sound like a subaru

The egr is still on the manifold according to your pics. I see the black plastic cover in your pics. Could be ruptured or bad seal on the back side of it. Just block the dang thing off and remove it.

have you unplugged the injectors with it running yet 1 may not be opening or they may be wired in the wrong order by accident .i just spent 3 days diagnosing a car that just had a new ecu wired by the professionals and it had the injector wiring messed up on 2 injectors and was firing them in the wrong order made it lean as shit and sound like a subaru

It has an upgraded harness from racetronix with the hotwire kit and each injector is numbered and in correct order.

The egr is still on the manifold according to your pics. I see the black plastic cover in your pics. Could be ruptured or bad seal on the back side of it. Just block the dang thing off and remove it.

thought you said it was already blocked off on that manifold? i could have misheard you though.

still worth popping them off one at a time if you find one cylinder doesnt die out you may have a dud injector or valve issue

IIRC, the intake had the egr tower inside the plenum milled out and welded shut but at the valve itself I still had to use a block off plate. The drivers side of the intake where the egr valve goes was not modified.

Pulled each injector and with each one pulled it made a noticeable difference in rpms and idle quality.

IIRC, the intake had the egr tower inside the plenum milled out and welded shut but at the valve itself I still had to use a block off plate. The drivers side of the intake where the egr valve goes was not modified.

derp, ok.
I sprayed all around it with carb cleaner already and it made no difference so can it really be making that much of a impact on things?

If your car is running as good as before the head gaskets let go, then the issue that caused that problem might
be what you are experiencing now - lean at high RPM and boost?

Until it is confirmed that adequate fuel is being supplied at higher boost, you need to concentrate this aspect first.

Could be something simple as a leak in the hose supplying pressure to the regulator? If you cannot locate a fuel pressure gauge with a long hose to watch it, come by and we can check it out here.