RT 28 motors N.Reading Mass. Scammers!!!!!!

6togo

Bought a CTSV from these scammers the other day is check this story out i hope this is the right section if not please move!
I live in MD and chatted with Brad at RT28 motors in N. Reading Mass. about a 11' Cadillac CTS-V they had in stock many emails and calls later he assured me this car was near perfect being i could not just drive there being 400 miles away and only minor things were repaired such as a rocker moulding and a ding on the hood and it had a clean one owner carfax report which he hides behind.
Well low and behold i purchase the car based on what Brad has discribed i make shipping arrangements the car shows up 10 min. later i clearly see that both rear quarter panels have been paints very poorly and very noticable, the front bumper in missing parts on the bottom and underside is cracked up,the rear bumper has stress cracks in the upper flat surface and a small chunk missing, the driverside rear door was painted, the front bumper was also touched up poorly, the center console is badly scratched up, the drivers door has damage to the frame form someone beaking into the car looks like a screw driver or such and that damage was touched up not that paint covers the 4"s of dent left from prying! , also the drivers door panel has a wood grain insert which is cracked!!!!!
This is after 10min of looking none of this was disclosed to me and i clearly asked many times and stated how anal i am.
After a conversation with Brad the owner did not have the decency to call he said the car was in perfect shape when it left and that damage must have happened in transport! I guess the paint work happened on the 400 mile ride also.
He still hides behind the clean carfax report which means little there are lots of ways around them and said the paint work looked fine they are in the car business and they cant tell that was some of the worst paint work i seen they are either blind or lying i think the later.
I'm taking the car to a local dealership for a full inspection to see if in fact it was in a accident and that it was covered up along with some other things i will find out the true story of the car!
Rt28 motors clearly scammed me being a out of towner and refuse to take the car back which is forcing me to take legal action but in the end i will walking away with my head up thats a promise!
So all who read this stay far away from RT28 motors they are the small dealer everyone warns you about please spread the word!!!!

Scary - I live in Mass. And was looking at CTS - Vs scary what dealers will pass off with a "clear Carfax" I saw one with a cracked grill, loose door trim, holes ripped in the unibody. Pointed the flaws out and the sales guy kept saying "but- it has a clean Carfax!"

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Too bad you didn't ask someone from around here to take a look at it For you. I'd coach the ma attorney generals office to see what your options are.

Yep filed with the Ma attorney general,BBB,and Internet crime complaint center i'm not letting this go i trusted them and they burned me and i dont even know why i did not think to ask for a forum member to help me with a visit guess i got too one sighted on the car! But i do have my emails back and forth between us and him telling me how nice it is and how happy i will be what a load!
Its going to the body shop for a eval to see what exactly was done to the car!

You didn't go look at a $40k car?
Airfare round trip $500.00 ???

Good luck and don't give up. It's not going to be an easy fight.

Why would you pay for a car you never looked at? Plenty of turds out there with a clean car fax, low miles, and one owner. No good sales associate is going to elaborate on the bad points of a car they are trying to sell and most aren't even qualified to assess the actual condition of a car. This is why they use car fax and dmv records in their description. This is very unfortunate but unless you can get them on safety equipment/maintenance or can get proof of heavy damage due to collision or natural disaster you will not have much of a case and will cost you thousands more to pursue. Even if you do get them on the maintenance stuff they will only have to fix those items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carfax can be a help but it's not fail safe. At my family's car lot we had a focus with 40 k clean carfax, car at some point had the radiator support replaced so it was nailed but the carfax was clean. So you never really know. If a cars hit and it isn't reported the carfax is clean.
I never rely on the car fax I always want to see the car in person and really check it out. Might be cheaper to fix the issues rather than pursue getting your money back. It sucks man sorry your going through this ,
best of luck to you brother which ever way you go.

2011 car ... It's def not goin to be new. Your version of nice will be different from the dealers.. Why anyone would buy a car sight unseen is beyond me. YES I have wasted $1000's flying out to look at cars.. Be surprised how many I walked away from. GNX's , 12k original GN , Buicks , old muscle cars and Old Cobra and Shelby stuff.. list goes on an on. Oh they are 5 miles away from me. I would have looked at it.. Go by them every other day anyway. Oh well.. Hopefully for you it's a learning lesson .

Keep the $1000's, and instead of giving it to some lawyer, [who's probably as shady as the car salesman], and fix the car to your satisfaction.

When it comes to car sales remember a couple of things. Rain and the internet aren't your friend if you're buying. They can hide a lot of issues that you won't normally see so do your car shopping in person or have someone check things out for you. Since you already bit the bullet then you need to see how much it will cost to fix or try to get your money back. The other thing is whether you want to make sure no one else gets burned by these bastards. You could advertise to see if others have been burned and then get all others to file complaints against them. Since this was interstate sales the feds could be called into the fray just to make it more interesting.:D

The main purpose of this thread was to warn all about these clowns and yes once again i made a mistake in trusting them. The car is at the body shop getting the once over that will determine how far i push but i have no plans on paying thousands to another crooked source being attorney's. i have a good amount of evidence they lied about and hoping to contact the orginal owner who's name and info. i located to find out more then hopefully i get the attorney general on my side to do some pushing!

How did you pay for the car?

I have bought vehicles unseen VIA the internet but I did not pay until it was time to complete the deal. If the car or bike is not as advertised, I would walk away.

It might be good to get an estimate to bring the car up to advertised spec and tell the dealer you owe me this or take the car back. Of course they will not budge so it will take court to make them move.

Is there anyway of not paying or reversing the payment because you did NOT get the car you were offered – you did nothing wrong, you were lied to by a business.

My man, Carfax only reports accidents that were reported to the state (I.E. State reportable accidents). In PA, that means a tow was required to take it from the scene and/or someone was seriously injured.

My daily driver has been in 4 collisions, none of which were my fault. Carfax would still come up 'no accidents reported' because although there was moderate cosmetic damage in all of them, it never needed a tow.

Just sharing some information.

The car was paid for by my credit union via cashiers check over nighted and they said it cleared them so they could do nothing. I did speak with the owner who called me today which was quite funny he said the paint is the last thing he looks at when he buys and sells car and he never seen this car to verify the paint quality! He said they did nothing wrong and i'm just very picky way more than any other customer he dealt with and its my fault for not paying a outside guy to inspect the car before the sale.
Here is the best parts he said how much was the estimate you had to repair the car which i have from a chevy dealership to the tune of $5K he said they are repainting the entire car for that and its way out of the question he can have it done for $1000 or less i said you already did thats why were talking! I said in fairness i would split the bill he said being you knew the car had had work done EI the front and rear bumpers and side rocker you knew it had damage and that is why he accepted the $38.5K instead of the $40K he wanted so i have a credit of $1500 and he will give me $500 more for a total of $2K.
Guess the other paint work,missing parts and damage didn't factor in!
That part was real comical! He said he dont even know if and what paint work they did to the car he just tells the shop if it needs it do it he did say he would take it back to the same paint shop for repainting if i bring the car there i said and what get the same quality and waste all that time no thanks there is no trust at all there.
He said he is not at fault and my expectations are and were to high and i should just own up to the mistake i made i replied by saying the only fault i have it buying from you!
Also he stated even if he did do paint work to the car he does not need to disclose it even if i ask many time over i said that is deceptive pratices and fraud he said his lawyer said its not i guess we will see!

Call the MA attorney General. There is no time to waste.

They will get a hold of the dealer to make it right.

Hold your ground that this isn’t what you paid for and you want your money back.

D