Roy Garcia-TSMj practice

Steve Wood

Roy Garcia, breaking in a new engine at the NATs for TSM, went 9.98 @ 135 on his second pass on the engine at 24# of boost.

He's running a MaxEffort-R. Gonna be interesting to see how the FAST equipped cars perform in comparison-especially at three & half to four times the cost. I have not heard anything about Walt, or others running the R.

Roy is not running a stroker so he may have his hands full. :)

Stock blocks are not intended to run that quick! I was stunned last year when Jason went 9.96. Who knows what it will take this year.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow!!!! What makes this even more impressive is the fact that they are running iron heads unless they made a change to aluminums....

I hope somebody has a video of this pass!

I made a mistake on boost...was 24# sorry! Still flying. Hope the weather is good so we can see what everyone has this year. :)

Do you know if the 9.98 @135mph was with iron heads or if they changed to aluminums?? Also, how much does the car weigh? Regardless that is flying!!!

Roy's TSM Car

86Brick Oh by the way this is Alex

Roy's car on that run was at 3450

That was a foot brake launch with a 1.48 sixty foot

Alex, so you finally registered!:D

Thanks for filling me in:)

Guess when Roy launches off the trans-brake we will see the full potential of his car!

Next year I'm going to BG cause it really really SUCKS not being there to see all these fast Turbo Buicks :( :mad:

Good luck with Roy's car and have a good time:cool:

Oh yeah I hope somebody gets these passes on video and posts them for all of us to see!

Steve i think thesy guys running nines with a stock block and 24 psi must have faluty boost gauges!!!
I had the car out a few times and ran a 10.53 @ 126 with a 1.49 60' that was with about 24 psi and 1540 egt. I had a belt driven vacume pump on it last weekend and it showed some potental hp gains but i had some problems with it and had to take it off for bowling green. I either toasted the pump of i have a major leak in the crank case because it will no longer pull down the motor. We are leaving in the morning so i wont know until thursday how it is going to run.

Personally, I've never been over 12 psi. That's right, I've got sack.

I'd like to know what gears, tranny and RPM these guys are running.

Originally posted by Nashty

I'd like to know what gears, tranny and RPM these guys are running.

Its a TH400 for sure. As for the gears, I have not a clue.

...I have to agree that I think these guys may need to take another look at their boost gauges. I mean if you think about it, If they ran 9.98@135, theoritcally if they add 6 psi to the equation, what are they going to run 9.xx@140++?!?:confused: :eek: With the car weighing 3450, which is not ultra light.

If you had steel innards you could really cam it up and wind it out to make some good power. I believe that is what they are doing, that is why I ask.

Should be fun to watch, that's for sure.

This will be my first year competing in TSM.

Originally posted by Nashty
If you had steel innards you could really cam it up and wind it out to make some good power. I believe that is what they are doing, that is why I ask.

Should be fun to watch, that's for sure.

This will be my first year competing in TSM.

Do you mind devulging some of the details on your combo? I really don't plan on building a TSM legal car, but want to make a run @ 9's with a 109 block in a light weight regal.

Kitty litter franchise??

Anyone have exclusive rights to supplying the oil dry when they run TSM?? IF not, I'd like to apply for the job!!!:eek: :eek:

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIAMI BABY!!!!!!

WAY TO FU**** GO ROY AND LAZ!

:D :cool: :eek: :cool: :D

IRON HEADS.

Wazzz up Turbojorge

Turbojorge a.k.a. Boston Strangler.........

There not gonna answer the phones .....that what Laz told me .

By the way Roy's car has 3.42 Gears in it .

Re: Wazzz up Turbojorge

Originally posted by Turbogn2002
Turbojorge a.k.a. Boston Strangler.........

There not gonna answer the phones .....that what Laz told me .

By the way Roy's car has 3.42 Gears in it .

So is there any news from the camp up there?? Is the car still together? Anymore test and tuning today?? I heard through the grape-vine the Roy's car now has a roller cam in it?? Not that it matters, but is that true.