Roger's Buick powered Geo Metro running 9.46... **Video**

Originally posted by John Wilde
Is Roger really spraying that motor?

John, yeah from what he said (if I remember correctly) he pulled some timing out of it and was using a 50 shot to help it get out of the hole harder....

I saw that car run today. It was awesome. After his John Force burnout, he had smoke in the car like Cheech and Chong movie :D it looked like there was still smoke in his car during his run.

Originally posted by Sweet6
I saw that car run today. It was awesome. After his John Force burnout, he had smoke in the car like Cheech and Chong movie :D it looked like there was still smoke in his car during his run.

Do you remember what it ran??

:eek: I'ld love to see that run! Looks like it got shot out of a cannon.

It's already been wrecked...

in my driveway. Some Up-stater backed into my trailer when I was buying ice to go to the races Saturday morning. DAMNIT!!! Now my new truck, the poor little Metro and my trailer are ALL dented. I'm going to have to start wearing wife beaters to the races.

It only looks like a handful, it's easy to drive.

And thank you for the JF comparison.;) I had my best 60's at the MWC after cooking the tires. I like nitrous, nitrous is fun. Actually it only picked up like 2-3 mph with the 50 shot. That 9.46 was off the bottle.

Nice to meet you too OC. Hopefully next time, I'll give you a better race.

Ported GN-1's 3.4 stroke BMS crank, Stage 1 block with stock number of bolts (studs) top and bottom. GTQ-70 turbo, 83# injectors, home ported intake, home made header on PS, KB intercooler boxed in al to make it a liquid unit (sits behind the dash).

Has the Ruggles 206 roller cam you were going to get me specs on also... Ever find the cam card?

Powerglide with a loosey goosey convertor (10.3% slip !!!) 3.33 gears in a 9" out back.

Lastly and most important, a generous dousing of holy water from my priest when I finished it. (worth an easy half second):D :D

I think my season is about over. I'll go to Cordova some more this year but the travel fund is dry.

My 206?

Cam
Part # R3342

Camshaft lobe lift .333" Intake .333" Exhaust
Valve lift with 1.6 ration rocker .532" Intake .532" Exhaust
Duration at .015" .245" Intake .246" Exhaust
Duration at .050" .206" Intake .206" Exhaust
Intake lobe centerline 108 Degrees
Lobe seperation 112 Degrees

Valve Springs
Part # R2620
Closed 110 lbs. @ 1.750" Installed height
Open 315 lbs. @ 1.020" Compressed height

Speed Pro Lifters

Nashty,

When do you think you'll be going to cordova again? I'd like to drive out and watch you race. I remember your car at the Nationals in Bowling Green right? My friends don't believe me when I tell them that I saw a metro run 9's and kick a lot of ass. I'm taking my 87 GN to Byron next saturday for UTI's student drag race. Hopefully I'll turn out some good numbers around low 13's to high 12's. My car isn't totally tuned yet, otherwise I'd know I could get 12's easily. Let me know the next time your going to cordova.

thanks
Dan

Jesse - that's the Ruggles 206 billet roller cam? That's the one I was talking about.

I'm not sure when I'm going to Cordova again. I'm pretty much done for the year save for maybe one or two more times out. Depends on what my schedule is. I'll try to post on this board next time I go out.

Roger

Originally posted by Nashty
Jesse - that's the Ruggles 206 billet roller cam? That's the one I was talking about.

I'm not sure when I'm going to Cordova again. I'm pretty much done for the year save for maybe one or two more times out. Depends on what my schedule is. I'll try to post on this board next time I go out.

Roger
Yes.... The Ruggles billet roller in my motor. Is that what this motor has?

That car was at the nationals but I dont remember if it was able to make a pass or not.

Hey nasty your old buick ran a 10.50 at 130 plus in canada a few weeks ago.

The car is running hard!

Nice little metro. I think im goin to build a chevette .

:D