Roger's Buick powered Geo Metro running 9.46... **Video**

I watched those video links on here and all I can say is DAMN! I would also like to build myself something like that, but something streetable(I'm not sure if the metro is or not, but it doesn't look like it) so I could go out and freak some people out. Once again I would like to compliment you on your car, that thing is crazy.

-dan

Hey Roger - B-O-P at Cordova is Saturday, October 9. I think a bunch of us are going this time. Maybe we'll see you there?

ShariB

Originally posted by JOHNZAZA
Hey nasty your old buick ran a 10.50 at 130 plus in canada a few weeks ago.

Cool, sounds like it's still running hard. Was that in the original body or did he switch the motor to the other body yet? Got any pictures of it up there at the track? Is it all still the same?

Shari, I'll be going to the BOP (only 45 minutes away).

Jesse, it is indeed that 206 roller. The car definetly needs a bigger cam and a tighter convertor. There is at least a half second in the convertor alone.

hey roger. rich here. that was in my t-roof car through the exhaust with a couple of minor changes. used a smaller slick and as you can see the sixty foot was off. ill give you a call this weekend and fill you in. ill post some pics when i get some time.

Rich - good to hear it's serving you well. You could definetly add more timing to the program that was in the car. I was always told to run 26º in it but that came at the expense of head gaskets if you were'nt careful with it. Looks like your MPH is awesome.

Did you sell the GN then? Any trouble with customs?

roger, i see the metro is really moving, congrats. youre car was sold to a freind (with my old combo) back in the early spring. he had no trouble with customs. we will be running it in a couple of weeks. wont be as quick as it was, but should touch a ten. i wanted to ask you when you ran the the gn if you had any problems with the the actual afr pegged at 9.19 during youre runs? as you can see the car ran well but any time the boost goes past 20psi the afr goes rich and stays their. the o2 is correcting during normal driving and was taking out -10 during the runs and the only change ive made in this area was install the gate on the header for quiet operaton. ive been told to place the sensor on the down pipe which ill try over the winter. maybe the sensor is finally dying? i dont want to play with the timing until i get the afr figured out but ill definately be bumping it up a little. i could send you some log files if youve got time to take a look.

The cleaning lady here has a Metro like that. I'm just having a hard time comprehending her car with that motor in it, lol

That was cool :D

Part # R3342

Camshaft lobe lift .333" Intake .333" Exhaust
Valve lift with 1.6 ration rocker .532" Intake .532" Exhaust
Duration at .015" .245" Intake .246" Exhaust
Duration at .050" .206" Intake .206" Exhaust
Intake lobe centerline 108 Degrees
Lobe seperation 112 Degrees

Valve Springs
Part # R2620
Closed 110 lbs. @ 1.750" Installed height
Open 315 lbs. @ 1.020" Compressed height
I have this exact cam i need to know if it would work good with a 2800 stall and a t6566

The cam should be fine, does the converter currently work with the turbo?
Who makes a 65MM compressor, What turbo is that?

Yes I have a 5 disk lock up 2800 Turbonetics triple ball bearing turbo t 65 66 with 63 ar that cam and ported heads td roller rockers 70 mm throttle body with pletnum and cnc ported intake bottom end just got it of a member 30 over je with hbeam rods 4340 crank and girdle 80 lbs injectors and with uppers and lower trying go into the 10s with ac I hope it works good