RJC Power Plate!

Orion231

Man, I got this in and I was a bit skeptical but I just finsihed up putting it on tonight and went for a test drive...wow. It made a BIG difference, the car seemed to pull harder, granted it wasn't a HUGE difference but big enough for me to notice. I also noticed that the turbo spooled just a tad faster and if I am not mistaken my idle seems a little better. I did notice that at lower boost the car pulls harder and my little bit of knock disappeared! How much HP or Torque does this thing give ya? Its a great piece! Good job RJC! I think everyone should try one!

Cory

i don't have one but i don't think it actually creates more hp and torque. i think it just reduces knock so you can turn the boost up

If I remember correctly when they dynoed a GN with no other changes but the PowerPlate they picked up something like 30 lb-ft of torque.

Whats a RJS power plate? Do you have a link to it?

Thanks Darren

RJ PowerPlate...

Feck...I don't have the link can someone post it? I have to goto work otherwise I would search for it again, I know its on www.gnttype.org on the vendors index under Love Ride Machine... Go try that.

Hey Cory!

Hey Cory, good deal on the Power plate!

Thanks again for your assistance on info for my car!

I ordered a Power Plate myself......but here's MY dilemma.....the bolt that holds down the vaacum harness.....you know the one! how the heck did you get it off? When I loosten the bolt, it Turns the vaacum assembly and bends it out of shape......does this happen to everyone?

thanx
Tom:rolleyes:

Hold the tab of the vac tube with a crescent wrench while you loosen the nut. Thats what works for me.

Dwight Hayden

Hold the tab? Are you kidding....it's gonna take more than that!

I was thinking of locking it down with Vise Grips to the manifold while taking it off!

What gives with this bolt??????!!!!!

Tom:mad:

My bolt has been missing in action for about 12 years now since I've had a Kenne-Bell plenum spacer on the car and couldn't make those lines reach.

Once you get it out you may not need it again. ;)

If you do put some neverseize on it. :)

Ok since you guys are talking power plate, I decided to give that damn bolt another try this morn. And FINALLY.....I got the bit** off !! Thanks for the suggestions!

I totally cleaned up the tb and the plenum area.....drilled my hole in the PP and bolted everything back on.......just in time to close the hood and go out for mothers day......

I'll let you know results when I fire it up with the PP !

I am looking forward to some results!

Tom:D :)

87 WE-4
It GOES !

At Nats Nick Micale and Racin Jason tested the Power Plate on the GSCA GN project car. No other mods same boost car picked up .2 and 2 mph in 1/4. Very impressive. I will be testing the power plate on a "almost" stock car. I might be able to get torque and HP before and after then.

I was at the GS Nats. and purchased a PP. Jason had a demo using a leaf blower to demonstrate the before and after effects of the PP. The blower was conected to TB, plenum, and intake which was bolted to the heads. You could feel the difference in the air flow before the PP and after. The air flow was more equal with the PP. For the money I thought I would try one.

now that i have my car tuned(damn POS MAF) i can see the results, i'm running stock boost but with no knock whatsoever, can't wait to start messing wtih the boost

but first i need to get a tranny :mad:

Just as a point of info, Jason Cramer broke into the 9s, (9.96 I believe) with his car at the Nats setting the first sub 10 sec ET and new record for TSM. BTW he was running a power plate :D

Guess that should pretty much blow holes in any theorys that it may be a restriction :rolleyes:

Congrats Jason!!!

Dwight Hayden