RJC Power Plate

deezdad

Can it be used with 62mm t-body & plenum or do you have to have stock?

In Kirban's catalouge it says "you MUST have stock upper plum"???

There are different power plates for different plenums. As stated before there isn't a plate for the Hemco plenum.

For a stock plenum that has been bored out to 62mm, you can still use the power plate for the stock plenum.

There is also a power plate for Precision plenums and another plate that fits both the Accufab and kenne bell plenum.

you just need to have the correct plate for the plenum you are running with.

HTH
David

I own stock plenum...stock t-body...62mm Hemco plenum...62 mm t-body and an RJC Power Plate for stock plenum. What combo will flow best A) stock t-body/stock plenum/rjc power plate B)62mm t-body/stock plenum/rjc power plate C)62mm t-body/62mm hemco plenum/no power plate? Thanks

I think "C" would "flow best", if you are just looking for the max cfm through the throttle body. But without the power plate, "C" will not give the right distribution of that air to the cylinders, so "B" would make more power. That would be my best guess, anyway.

broke1 said:
Ill sell you my powerplates,I have 1 on each car,1 for Precision plenum and the other for a stock plenum.

Who would want a restriction in there intake???Do you know that the orig test car that RJC gathered there info from TOOK THE POWERPLATE OFF???
Said it was nothing but a restriction.
So disregard all the feedback over the years of being able to turn up boost and decrease knock just from installing this?

broke1 said:
Absolutely!!!

Dig up posts by the fastest guys and youll all see em saying the same thing,leave the plate off;)

Like I said,ill be glad to sell you mine if youre just nuts about wanting your engine to breath thru a straw.
Maybe we're talkin apples and oranges...I'm not running a te-99 turbo 200lb injectors and an intercooler fit to cool a turbine at a 500 meg power plant....just a quick street car

Hmmm that's kinda funny because my car is the original test car for the power plate and the last time i checked it was still on the motor. I have never taken it off and i never will. So i'm not sure where you heard that story broke1.

This is precious.....

Originally Posted by broke1
Ill sell you my powerplates,I have 1 on each car,1 for Precision plenum and the other for a stock plenum.

Who would want a restriction in there intake???Do you know that the orig test car that RJC gathered there info from TOOK THE POWERPLATE OFF???
Said it was nothing but a restriction
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
FLYNRYAN87 said:
Hmmm that's kinda funny because my car is the original test car for the power plate and the last time i checked it was still on the motor. I have never taken it off and i never will. So i'm not sure where you heard that story broke1.

Well.... I guess that rumor is put to rest , eh? LOL

Unfreakin believable... Thanks Ryan for stepping up to the plate to clear that crap up. I hate to see peoples efforts demeaned by false rumors.

We4
Bruce

Power Plate

Excuse me for robbing this thread, but I have a question. By using the Power plate to redistribute and equalize the amount of air to each cylinder also help with temperature distribution between cylinders and potentially help header cracking?

Getting good flow distribution would certainly help even out the temps, but I don't think that has anything to do with the header cracking. Headers crack because the design pretty much sucks, not because one cylinder runs hotter than another.
And for those who don't like restrictions in the flow path- maybe they should remove the intake valves. Basic rule of fluid flow, you can't change flow without a pressure drop. Something to do with Newton's first law, I think. And in the case of the Power Plate, the small pressure loss is not nearly enough to outweigh the improvements from correcting the flow imbalance. Yes, it restricts flow to some cylinders- but it redirects that flow to other cylinders, with a net increase in power.