RJC Boost Controller

MRW487

Ordered one today....my searches of other threads leads me to believe that the install instructions are vague to a lot of people. Anyone got a good pic of one installed? The pic on the RJC website isn't the best pic. Does the small "L" shape barb go to the waste gate actuator and the straight barb go to the compressor housing if you are bypassing the stock setup all together? Or vice versa? If the adjustment wheel is all the way in is that max boost and out minimum boost? I assume starting in the middle would be the best way to start fine tuning. My adjustable WG rod is currently set at 14.5-15psi according to my pillar mounted gauge. Just wanted to know ahead of time before I install it. Thanks

Installs just like you said. 90* barb end to wastegate, straight end to compressor housing. Adjust your wastegate so you have to pull it out about 1/8" to hook it on the arm. I like to start with the RJC a couple turns from its longest setting. Then take it for a spin and see what the boost is. Creep up to your desired boost level by shortening the RJC unit 1 or 2 turns at a time, always watching for no knock.

Not the best pics but its a simple install.

boost controller 1.jpg boost controller 2.jpg

I preset mine with a pressure/vac pump. You can hear it bleed off air when you reach the set point.

Thanks for the info guys. RJC needs to use your pics on their website. I will set my preload later today and hopefully it will be delivered by the weekend. It's supposed to be cool and sunny this Saturday....gooood tuning weather. I will leave the solenoid plugged in to avoid a check engine light and put my "y" on the parts shelf for now.

Last edited:
Got the controller in today...will install it Saturday. I have about 3 threads exposed from the "L" end of the boost controller. Is that close to the minimum boost setting (short length of controller) or is it the opposite? I would greatly prefer to start from a low /safe boost level and go from there. I will probably shoot for 15-16psi max for now.

Start with the RJC controller adjusted out until you have 2-3 threads engaged, this is minimum boost. Tightening down the controller (making it shorter) will increase boost at about 1psi per turn.

Hey Guy, long time no see. Yes, those were old pics before the turbo puked. After I got it back from bison those lines were zip-tied.

got it now....lengthened it until about 3-4 threads is still engaged. Is the tubing that came with it ok or should I use some heavier duty tubing? What are the pros/cons of just inserting the valve between the stock "y" and the compressor and leaving the factory solenoid setup as is? I personally plan on eliminating the stock setup and just using the JRC valve alone. I have been reading that some prefer using it inline with the stock setup. Just curious. I am using a TT street chip.

Last edited:
Got it installed today. I adjusted the boost to 15psi. No lag now!!! Before I could drink a cup of coffee before the boost would hit....now I will spill the coffee it all over the back seat passenger. Well worth the $$$ in my case.

Last edited:
AM I MISSING something?? Have one on my desk and looks like every time you wish to adjust you must remove 1 of the hoses to turn the unit as you adjust the settings. Am I missing a trick or is this as good as it gets??

As I see this to be annoying, how often are you guys actually adjusting the controller? If it does the job then so be it, but what seems to be the norm or preferred adjustment combinations between actuator and manual controller? Which has the greater & safer effect overall.........

Always appreciate the feedback!!

Adjust it to the psi you want (may take a couple of WOT blast) and forget about it until you want to change the boost again.