Riding in style in Korea

boostfreak

knock? is that good?
Hey everybody. So, since I'll only be in Korea a short time, I decided to find the cheapest car I could. Well, I did and boy what a looker I found! Wanna know what 400 bucks will get you in Korea? How about a 1991 Kia Pride! With all the options like "seat" and "steering wheel"! Fully loaded (when I sit in it)! I'll admit, it might be a tad slower than a TR, but man, it such a smooth ride (because the engine stalls when I'm driving sometimes). It's even got one of those new manu-matic shifters ( I have to shift in and out of drive sometimes when I'm sitting at a light because apparently it forgets what gear it's in). So without further delay, feast your eyes on this automotive wonder! Please no PM's. She's not for sale:biggrin:.

Derp5.jpgDerp1.jpg

Good thing I don't have to go too far to get to work everyday. I will say this though, it's got ice cold a/c. Go figure.

I wonder if we can fit a 231 under the hood, haha.

I read somewhere that Korea doesn't sell American cars in their country. Sure they can flood the maket with theirs car over here.lol You in Pusan?

Actually, I think Chevrolet has a good little market here. I see new Chevy's around a lot driven by Koreans. Small ones of course. I've even seen commercials for the new Camaro on TV so I guess you could get one here if you really wanted to. I'm down at Humphreys south of Osan.

You wanna know something else fun? I'm 6'2" 240lbs. Imagine that in the car, haha. I look like I'm wearing it.

Actually, I think Chevrolet has a good little market here. I see new Chevy's around a lot driven by Koreans. Small ones of course. I've even seen commercials for the new Camaro on TV so I guess you could get one here if you really wanted to. I'm down at Humphreys south of Osan.

You wanna know something else fun? I'm 6'2" 240lbs. Imagine that in the car, haha. I look like I'm wearing it.

That would be just like me, look like a monkey fuggin a football :eek:

Actually, I think Chevrolet has a good little market here. I see new Chevy's around a lot driven by Koreans. Small ones of course.

Koreans or the Chevy's???????

Look at it this way......If you like it ,you can put it in your dufffle bag and bring it home.....:biggrin:

This is totally off topic...but can you score me a decent licence plate? I'm serious. Silly as it might be, but for some reason I like to collect plates.

This is totally off topic...but can you score me a decent licence plate? I'm serious. Silly as it might be, but for some reason I like to collect plates.

I don't know. The Korean DMV doesn't seem to work the same. You have to go with the person you bought it from and they transfer the tags and everything there. It seems like the tags just go with the car from original sale to the junk yard. I will look into it though. I'm sure I can score you one while I'm here.

I don't know. The Korean DMV doesn't seem to work the same. You have to go with the person you bought it from and they transfer the tags and everything there. It seems like the tags just go with the car from original sale to the junk yard. I will look into it though. I'm sure I can score you one while I'm here.

Awesome! If you can score one, let me know and how much you'd be looking to get for it.

Oh come on man! We are all gearheads here we want to see some engine pics! :D