Requesting an edumacation on buying my first regal..OR..is she the one???

86turboSix

Mr. BuzzCut
Well gentlemen, after a long time of sifting through this forum I have finally garnered the capital necessary to buy one of these esteemed vehicles. My friends may make fun of me now, but I'm confident that will end if I show them in person some of the capabilities of this sleeper. I ask you forum of your humble opinion of a particular vehicle I've found, its from a classic car dealer in NV, and I've yet to find a better price for what APPEARS to be a squared away GNX clone. A lack of communication from the dealer via phone worries me a little, but then again, being new to car buying in general, I'm not sure what to expect.

tl;dr what kind of questions should I ask this dealer if he ever picks up the phone? The price is right (but very low). Some advice from chopped39 was to potentially use this as a parts car (thanks for the advice chopped39) but unless the engine really has the 148,000 mi on it, this seems like exactly what i've been looking for. check it out, what do y'all think?

Thanks in advance gnx clone 8.jpggnx clone 1.jpggnx clone 2.jpggnx clone 6.jpggnx clone 4.jpg

Pronto, Now that's a clone...but way out of my price range. I'm looking for my first regal or gn, must have turbo, and would not have time to do major repairs once school starts but would require a driver. This one happens to be in my price range but historically, when things like this look too good to be true, i get the feeling THEY ARE. any suggestions on what i should ask the dealer? ie why so cheap? how many miles are truly on the engine? etc :)

We need more info to evaluate it's worth . but with that being said. It looks to be a good deal.
Solid body and int. with a motor or not, is in that $$ range. But as far as reliability ???????? who the F knows.
I would buy it and make sure I had other transportation available.

A GNX Clone is a "Sleeper"? There's some very good cars for sale here.

I say sleeper with the knowledge that many of my colleagues have little to no knowledge about these (regals, gns, gnx's) cars and would imagine they wouldn't expect the performance garnered by the turbo6

if something seems to good to be true, it is. assume the entire body is rusted through as is the frame. is it worth for you to pay $3599 for an engine/trans/interior that may or may not work right? unless you drive it first, you won't even know if it runs.
is it a basic regal that has been converted?
something isn't right with the price.

What was pictured in the OP definately is NOT the car that goes with the 3599 price. Somebody's gett'n scammed.

if something seems to good to be true, it is. assume the entire body is rusted through as is the frame. is it worth for you to pay $3599 for an engine/trans/interior that may or may not work right? unless you drive it first, you won't even know if it runs.
is it a basic regal that has been converted?
something isn't right with the price.

This. NO WAY the pictured car has that many miles on it, or is going for 3599.

If you want a Turbo Regal - but it from a message board like this, one with history from a reputable board member.

It's a boilerplate car dealership template - probably set up to test, and not accurate.

https://www.v12software.com/ is the web template/inventory software they are using.

mad tyte skillz, dawg.. mad tyte. LOL

yeah.. i've seen sights like that before. set up for the sake of testing before they add in their actual info. maybe that's what is going on? that would explain why nobody is answering phones yet. but you would think they would do a "555" phone number or something.

anyway.. sorry to let you down, OP.. but no way that was real. nice car, though.

i'm with the post above: try to buy from a site like this one. all these guys know each other as well as the history of each car (other than mine, i'm new). they can all vouch for each other and stand behind their stuff. just make sure you buy from someone that is well known, not a new member (now i'm killing my OWN ad) that nobody knows. these cars are old and potentially full of a ton of problems (personal experience) that may or may not be seen unless you have a trained eye and know what to look for.

my current project is for sale.. but i'll be buying another, when the time is right. these cars are amazing and i can't wait to own one again!