Reproduction GN wheel. Opinions

harris48cars

I've seen a picture of this wheel on a members car. Thought it looked good. Thinking about buying a set but I wonder if I would like the 'Satin" appearance. Anyone else runing this wheel? Opinions please.
Gary

I have seen these wheels in person recently. I was considering a set for myself, but after seeing the satin finish I did not care for it. I would prob get my wheels re-chromed before I got them. They are nice otherwise. Just my opinion.

If you want a nice looking wheel take a look at the ones Budnik builds/sells. They are great to deal with also. I really liked the first wheel version that they built.
Bob

The one car pictured has Budnik wheels on it, member Spoolfools car. Not sure if these are the same or different or ?? See post in SW section.

It would be nice if they were offered in chrome, no reason they couldnt be. Theyd be more expensive of course, but personally I think it'd be worth it. With such a deep lip the satin finish doesnt do the wheel justice.

DSC_0043.JPG
DSC_0044.JPG
The Budnik's are also aluminum. Personal choice of course, but I don't like the Budniks at all. They don't look much like the originals, are too flat and featurless. I much prefer the ones referenced by the OP and sold by GBody parts!! If you need them shinier, I'm sure a good wheel man could polish up the rims to a chrome like shine. It's done to wheels all the time.

These look FAR more authentic and mimic the originals much more closely than the budniks. Even the center cap has an authentic appearence.

The wheel pics posted by TurboDave are of my car. picked them from Brian (GBody) a few months ago. Honestly, I couldn't be happier with them. I'm also friends with the board member who has the "GN style" Budnik's, they look really sweet in person. It's great that we now have some solid choices.

The one change I could have made was to go 15x8 in the back vs 15x10, but the stance and presence of the 10's are a homerun to me. Guess I'm a slave to fashion...my wife would definitely be surprised to hear that...

Regards,
John

The wheel pics posted by TurboDave are of my car. picked them from Brian (GBody) a few months ago. Honestly, I couldn't be happier with them. I'm also friends with the board member who has the "GN style" Budnik's, they look really sweet in person. It's great that we now have some solid choices.

The one change I could have made was to go 15x8 in the back vs 15x10, but the stance and presence of the 10's are a homerun to me. Guess I'm a slave to fashion...my wife would definitely be surprised to hear that...

Regards,
John

John, the wheels look great! What size are on the front?
Thanks,
Joe

Hey Joe (where you goin' with that gun in your hand?) Sorry, had to. I have the 8's up front. Again, they're overkill, but I like the dish. For the most user friendly setup, I'd go 7's up front and 8's in the rear.

Here's a pic with my car and another car with the Budnik's behind it. I didn't get anything up close, apologies.

image.jpg

Regards,
John

When you say user friendly-what do you mean? Do the fronts rub? I've got 8's on the back of mine and love them. Still running factory chrome 7's on the front but would buy 8's if they don't rub. My current front setup rubs on driver side inner fender when backing up and turning hard.

Thanks Carl

Carl,

That's exactly my experience with the 8's on the front. There's some inner fender rub which won't allow lock-to-lock. I still have more than decent turning radius, but I definitely hear when I go far enough.

Regards,
John

I got a set of them haven't got the tires yet. The Ebay ones have stickers saying they are made by GBP. I was close to detroit so I picked them up or I would have bought from them.