replacing smc progressive pump...

ryan george

Got the car out the a bit late this spring. Died on me, fuel pump. Replaced with another XP and good to go. Cleaned the car up, pulled it out in the drive to take it out for a test run. Had the wife watch the pressure gauge on the alky pump when I hit the test button. Couple leaks, crap. Alkycontrol is on vacation a week, but prompt to get back to me when they were back. Got one ordered and delivered within 2 days (great service). So, finally able to get out to swap it out this morning, and now the dumbass question. The 4 clamps on the 2 hoses on each end of the pump...how do you get those damn things loose, or did you just cut the hose and buy replacement hose? Did you replace with that kind of clamp, or just a normal worm screw type clamp? Dang, I just want to get the car on the road! Thanks!

Got the car out the a bit late this spring. Died on me, fuel pump. Replaced with another XP and good to go. Cleaned the car up, pulled it out in the drive to take it out for a test run. Had the wife watch the pressure gauge on the alky pump when I hit the test button. Couple leaks, crap. Alkycontrol is on vacation a week, but prompt to get back to me when they were back. Got one ordered and delivered within 2 days (great service). So, finally able to get out to swap it out this morning, and now the dumbass question. The 4 clamps on the 2 hoses on each end of the pump...how do you get those damn things loose, or did you just cut the hose and buy replacement hose? Did you replace with that kind of clamp, or just a normal worm screw type clamp? Dang, I just want to get the car on the road! Thanks!
Just get some wire cutters and cut them off
Use a worm clamp and your done

Julio

Just get some wire cutters and cut them off
Use a worm clamp and your done

Julio

Thanks. Was just coming to update that I was able to pry them off. Never ran into a clamp like that and didn't want to ruin the hose if I didn't have to. Have a great weekend!

Thanks. Was just coming to update that I was able to pry them off. Never ran into a clamp like that and didn't want to ruin the hose if I didn't have to. Have a great weekend!
If it helps for those in the future. Those clamps have an overlap thats pressed together. If you get a set of wire cutters and "cut" in between the layers.. you can separate and pull them off. Its like the clamp used on the OEM coolant reservoir.