Replacement Muffler - Stock Location

Called Hooker back. They said the Super Competition Turbo mufflers had not been used for 1 to 1.5 years and that Summit had the wrong info. Only the Aero Chamber mufflers are used now. The guy at Summit said he would try to verify the type of mufflers before shipment. Guess that means I had better check them on arrival which should be no later than Thursday. Total cost with shipping is $287.90. Sounds like a great deal. Thanks so much for the help and I'll keep you posted on how things go.

Originally posted by DarkForce
Called Hooker back. They said the Super Competition Turbo mufflers had not been used for 1 to 1.5 years and that Summit had the wrong info. Only the Aero Chamber mufflers are used now. The guy at Summit said he would try to verify the type of mufflers before shipment. Guess that means I had better check them on arrival which should be no later than Thursday. Total cost with shipping is $287.90. Sounds like a great deal. Thanks so much for the help and I'll keep you posted on how things go.

Cool, youll really like the Aero Chambers.

jojo

Looks like I'll be making an exhaust and injector change this weekend. The exhaust will be done first then tested and I can't think of anything to salvage off the exhaust except the flange. Going to downgrade from 50s to 009s. I hate to get rid of the 50s because they only have a few hundred miles road miles on them (were flow tested too) but I like the street manners of the 009s better.

what do you mean by the street manners of 009s being better than 50s? i have 50s and i drive it daily and it works great.

Originally posted by DarkForce
Looks like I'll be making an exhaust and injector change this weekend. The exhaust will be done first then tested and I can't think of anything to salvage off the exhaust except the flange. Going to downgrade from 50s to 009s. I hate to get rid of the 50s because they only have a few hundred miles road miles on them (were flow tested too) but I like the street manners of the 009s better.

009's have better street manners than 50's :eek: :eek:

What communist sold you that bill of goods?????????????????
:confused:

Or you've got a really ugly chip running those 50's?

Please let me retract the last statement about the 009s, haha. I've always had great luck with the 009s - the old setup ran in the low 11s in street trim, gas milage was great, and they drove like stock. I'm running a 16 position maxeffort chip with the 50s and the car will not settle down consistently like it should. Steve said I could use the same chip but it needed to be run about positions leaner with the 009s. One thing for sure, I'll have an answer by Sunday on how the injector swap affected the performance.

The Hooker cat back system arrived today with Aero Chamber mufflers. It needed a little touch up at the Y pipe flange inlet but other than that it looks good. Hope you guys are right about the fit. We'll see if this helps fix the tuning problem - I'd bet the stock muffler is trashed!