Replacement for SX Fuel Pump

RobsIron

Silent but Violent
My SX Performance 18201 fuel pump went out on Saturday. Its 17 years old. Only has 1530 miles on it..heheh. I had it rebuilt in 2011 by SX, but Edelbrock has since bought them. Edelbrock will rebuild it, but I don't want to wait 3+ weeks. Anyone know of an exact replacement other than the Edelbrock version or anybody have one of these laying around?

Attachments

• untitledsx18201.png
    untitledsx18201.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 153
get a weldon
how much pump do you need ? the sx you have was rated at 1300hp but i dont have the flow sheets at what psi they figured that

the weldon 1100 (rated 1100 hp injected /1300 carb ) is good for over 125gph at 70psi ,they provide a dynosheet for each pump and i just saw one tested at 145gph at 70psi ..Oh and its quiet

Last edited:
Aeromotive will make something close to what you have and would take minimal refabricating. Would need to compare your existing specs to there current offerings and compare against your boost and fuel demand. Don't be fooled by most of these manufactures published HP numbers and most are given at low pressure or 45 psi(For EFI). All of the pumps will decrease flow with increasing fuel pressure as boost increases so targeting flow at your boost/fuel pressure level is critical. I found the Weldon pumps seem to have the most accurate reported advertised power handling capabilities.
AG.

I have had the sx on my car at least that long , my biggest plus was switching to the stainless fuel filter. I think the pump rebuilds were $150 and they kept one because the threading was screwed up and they gave me a refurbished one. The Aeromotive is about the exact same size and the filter should mate right up also. Would the Weldon require a pump controller so it doesn't burn itself up on the street?

All great responses. Thank you.

I may just get a new Edelbrock. Its identical to the SX. Will fit my cool billet brackets and NPT fittings.

Simpler, but its $550! :eek: