Removing the stock AC/Heat box and installing a vintage air under dash unit, has it been done?

Well I have a Regal and would have liked this kit in my hands like last week so is there any time frame on when it'll be available? It's warm here already so if the wait is after summer ill just have to go another route. Base pricing and even option pricing would be great as well in making the decision. Post here, private message me, or email me with the details. I'm readily available, am taking a million pics during my build, and will not be driving without ac by the 4th of July one way or another.

Babybluenos25 @ aol.com

Nick I am defiantly in for a kit, however I will probably not be a good candidate for one of the first 10. Still have allot of work to do before I'm ready to fit out the AC and waiting for the body shop to finish there end is like watching a tortoise walk.

Here is an excert from my post last week:

"For the production start-up program, there will be 10 units made for the first batch.

One of the 10 is already slated for a customer doing a LS engine conversion in a Regal.

The remaining 9 units are available, but we MUST have contact with each customer to determine specifics of their installation, and be able to have a working relationship with them during the entire installation process."

So far, there has been one phone call from a potential owner that was on my machine and have not yet talked with him?

The first unit is in my car and working, and custom-made parts are on order, but it will take at least a month before units would be ready to ship.

Until I have 10 units committed to specific buyers and deposits, the production/assembly process will NOT start?

The only way to get one of these first units is to talk with me to determine SPECIFIC details of your installation and pricing.

Pm sent
Joe

Sorry, I am old school and need to talk to those interested in purchasing the first units. We want to have direct contact to assure any "querks" are overcome and handled easily with our help for the initial installations.

We do not want to see any issues we have found to be repeated in the field installations as we will eventually have full instructions, pictures and documentation. :)

My car might not be running right now, but when it is, AC will keep the girlfriend happy. So it's pretty important to me.

here is a pic of Nick's car , with the small a/c unit in place,
lines run across the front (hidden) and the firewall unit is so small!
bates 2013 002.JPG

Every picture just makes me want one of these custom kits more.... Can't wait until there is a it for my '79 Monte!!!! I also agree that I would love to see pictures of the controls in the cab & how they fit in.

I def want one...I just have ZERO skills to install an AC unit. Here in AR my GN sits all summer cuz of the heat...my original AC and heater have long been removed.

We made an adapter plate for the VA electric control panel in place of the stock controls.

There are only 3 knobs, Temp, Mode and Fan speed.

AC16.JPG

I spoke with Nick today about one of the VA kits today. Very excited to work with him to get one installed in the next few months. A deposit is on the way. Come on guys......jump on board!

Why has the price not been posted yet?
I spoke with him weeks ago and was given a starting price of 2k

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ouch 2K? The universal under dash kits aren't but $1,100-1,200. I need one bad but can't drop that kind of money or time on it right now.

Ouch 2K? The universal under dash kits aren't but $1,100-1,200. I need one bad but can't drop that kind of money or time on it right now.

From what I have done so far, $1200 will not cover the cost of parts for an under dash Vintage Air that would even fit or perform properly in a Regal? :eek:

It may cool your feet ok, but most people would like to cool the rest of their body, and even others in the car.

I do not think you are stupid, but throwing out a comment like yours without some research into this project is not smart as you do not understand the scope of work or parts necessary for a quality installation, and one that will function as good, or better than original. :)

If you come back when you can afford this system, please let me know as I will be happy to work with you! ;)