Vintage Air Heater for guys that removed your heater box

Long over due.... I finally got the desire to do the final hook up on the lines made for inside the car.

1lk.jpg

sa.jpg

gtu.jpg

Next plan is to run the Vintage Air air vents back into the factory system for the feet and window defroster. Then mount the controls in the glovebox and power it up.

Not to jack your thread but I notice your running cork VC gaskets still. I switched to Felpro permadry's. Fantastic leak free gaskets.

I have a factory heat only box in my GN now, I may remove it & go this route to clean things up a little

Damn great write up!!... wish it had ac though but you have me great ideas. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually made a video this weekend past of it. This unit is really awesome. Stronger blower fan and hotter heat then the factory unit by far. I routed the lines back into the factory air ducts that blow heat on the windshield and floor. Below is a picture of the factory air ducts behind the dsah. That area you see open is where I routed the lines and made some changes for the foot area.

IMG_20180710_1615488.jpg

Actually made a video this weekend past of it. This unit is really awesome. Stronger blower fan and hotter heat then the factory unit by far. I routed the lines back into the factory air ducts that blow heat on the windshield and floor. Below is a picture of the factory air ducts behind the dsah. That area you see open is where I routed the lines and made some changes for the foot area.

View attachment 332072

It says video unavailable

Great writeup. I've been kicking around this idea since my original heater unit stopped working a few years ago.

Looks great! Around nine seconds into the video~ “Ahhhhhh”!! Lol!!