Removing digital dash plug.

ALBERTAN

Resident Window Licker
The digital dash on my white Limited is working intermittently...one of many things preventing me from registering it so I can put it up for sale. I decided to pull it to send it to John for repairs. I managed to disconnect the speedo cable, VSS, and gear indicator (column shift car) without incident. But the large plug going into the cluster doesn't seem to want to budge. It appears to have a plastic spring clip/tab on the bottom of it. Even depressing that isn't helping. It could just be some corrosion on the connections requiring some extra persuasion. But knowing how delicate these clusters are, I thought I would double check if I'm missing anything. The car has enough issues without me adding to the list. I'd like to get this out and off to John in the morning if possible. Thanks for any tips.

IMG_1154%5B1%5D-XL.jpg
IMG_1154%5B1%5D-XL.jpg

For future reference, I talked to John this morning and he confirmed that there is a tab on the bottom of the connector that needs to be pushed in. The plastic is quite hard and needs to be pushed in fairly hard.

Have John do the 199 mph upgrade while it is there. It's nice to see the dash not flash at 85 anymore...

Bryan

Yeah, that's the plan. I'm just sorting a few issues to sell it, but might as well do it right. (y)