Remote network FAST tuning? want to try

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
Hi i want to try remote network communication on there fast system , and see if it works, before saturday WHat i need is someone to connect there laptop on the internet via highspeed internet and tune the fast system remotely. All you need to do is to go to calcom wp. Have the igntion on, but not have the ecm online, but offline, and you go to communications, and hit start server. I need that ip number than i can connect to you ecu. ALso we can chat back and forth at the same time. Who is around tonight to try this? email me norbz@sympatico.ca the ip and the time your ready.

Norbs,

Sorry, not going to be around, but please let me know if this works. I have always wondered if it would work as this might be some good tuning tool to help others.

I am home right now, so i will be around all evening

No ones around? I had a few people insterested in this, but i guess everyone's busy. ALl you have to do is email me when your ready i check it several times a day

norbz@sympatico.ca

Well last night was the first attempt at this, and so far i think it was a success. All we need now is a cell phone connected to the laptop will going down the track for more effect

Originally posted by norbs
Well last night was the first attempt at this, and so far i think it was a success. All we need now is a cell phone connected to the laptop will going down the track for more effect

That could be really interesting if you get it to work over a cell or GRPS connection, but most of them are dog slow (less than 56K dialup). I suppose given that the FAST runs from a serial connection, the most data that it could send out that serial port is about 115K.

Ron

Actually the communication speed is on the fast system is limited to 9600 bits. So i think it would work as most wireless communication is 14.4 k

Originally posted by norbs
Actually the communication speed is on the fast system is limited to 9600 bits. So i think it would work as most wireless communication is 14.4 k

If that's the case, then I agree with you.

Ron