Reluctor ring for balancer install

'71buickg.s.

Can someone tell me how or who can remove a reluctor ring and replace it onto another balancer? Would a machine shop do that? Anybody know somebody in the Cincinnati area? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Marty

You can press the one off the old balancer and press it onto another. You may need to turn the diameter where you press it on. It needs to be phased properly. post pics of the balancer you want the ring on

Also to add to this...his engine is a 4.1. The balancer was cracked. I gave him a NA balancer. Anyone know if these are balanced the same?

Also to add to this...his engine is a 4.1. The balancer was cracked. I gave him a NA balancer. Anyone know if these are balanced the same?

I do not see how they could be the same since the pistons are different.

On an external balanced crank like the stock turbo one, the balancer must be "mated" to the rotating assembly.

The factory balancer and flexplate is unique to each assembly.

When replacing a broken or damaged balancer, we re-balance the new one to match the original.

With a 3.8, we have replaced stock balancers with other stock ones and not had a problem.

For a 4.1 with different/heavier pistons, it should be balanced to the old one in my opinion. :)

Yeah after posting that I realized that was a dumb question. The 4.1 is built but we have no idea what they used.

So I would need to send the old balancer in, purchase a new one, and have it balanced matched or do I need to get build info and work from there? How much does all this cost approximately? Who can do this? Nick this motor was built by Patrick Smith. I know you did some or alot of work on his TA aluminum block motor about 4 years ago.