Rear main seal install

joeb1300

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Looking for a someone who can replace my rear main seal 87 GN. Had motor built 10 years ago maybe 1000 miles on it always had a drip or two on floor . I’m tired of looking at it and I see oil is spreading onto the starter. . I live in South Carolina (Upstate) Spartanburg area. Last person I had worked this car it was shipped to Cottons in MA. Would love to find someone around me that knows these cars.

Rear main seal isn't a difficult job and ain't vehicle specific enough to ship outta state. Case of beer and a mechanic friend can get it done. Either way a local reputable mechanic shop should get it done easy.

Rear main seal isn't a difficult job and ain't vehicle specific enough to ship outta state. Case of beer and a mechanic friend can get it done. Either way a local reputable mechanic shop should get it done easy.
I don’t know. I do most of the work on my cars and trucks because I can’t find one I trust. I have to much money in this car . Would fell better if I knew someone who did this before

Ok I’m going to give it a go. Do I need a different oil pan gasket for a girdled crank? I thought I read something like that . Also what is the best rear main seal to buy. Thanks
Also I have a forged crank ,billet mains, girdle.

Ok I’m going to give it a go. Do I need a different oil pan gasket for a girdled crank? I thought I read something like that . Also what is the best rear main seal to buy. Thanks
Also I have a forged crank ,billet mains, girdle. I

somebody has a GN that doesn't lead oil . I don't know him. Its a two piece seal, plus two places along the cap to the block and you have a girdle.
No way would I drop the pan and girdle for a drip on the floor