Reliable 12 second build

FirstLC2

I'm sure this has been posted before, but my phone doesnt like the search function...

From what I've previously read, it doesn't take alot to get 12s.

I'm thinking..
Test pipe
Hot-wire kit
Injectors? ( what's stock #\lb? would bigger help with more boost?)
Chip
Slicks
Scanmaster

Am I missing anything? Will it take more?

if it has a stock pump change it .hotwire ,chip and a good tune. scanmaster is a big yes also.

Bear with me, but when (if ever) did "Alky" become reliable????
I'm sure that if you spend your non-usefull life maintaining it, maybe??
12's doesn't dictate "Alky", IMHO.

Kevin.

Another vote for Alky. "maintaining it" ?? Ya keep the Alky filled :cool: My Buick powered wagon runs in the 12s with Alky. And our GN here runs 9s in street trim DRIVEN everywhere !! Rx7 Buick should go even faster !! :cool: NO KNOCK is what your shooting for.

All I'm going to say is there best be a knock gauge in there somewhere.

My car now runs high 11s in street trim @ my street psi of 20lbs. See sig for mods.

13.4 @17#

My best ET with out ALKY and 17 lbof boost 13.4 @99 I have read that it can be done with out ALKY but the ALKY made it easy for me

I'm not knocking the alchy thing but it just seems like all the cars I know with it eventually hurt something do to a hiccup. I was going to put it on my car but sold my kit. I know of about 5-6 cars around here with it and seems like all of them have changed head gaskets once or many times (it even hurt a big money engine imo with a good tuner and equipment.) I've been using race gas since '97 and have never had to replace a head gasket on my own car (knock on wood.) Just seems like the "oopsies" are kinda hush, hush on here. No one wants to talk about their mess ups. I'm talking about mid 11 sec cars and faster where the cars are being pushed.

To the op...I'd get a turbo tweak chip, race gas, good fuel pump/wiring, scan master, sticky tires, adjustable wastegate and fuel pressure regulator and rock on. Should be able to get a mid to high 12 with a little practice.

I'm not knocking the alchy thing but it just seems like all the cars I know with it eventually hurt something do to a hiccup. I was going to put it on my car but sold my kit. I know of about 5-6 cars around here with it and seems like all of them have changed head gaskets once or many times (it even hurt a big money engine imo with a good tuner and equipment.) I've been using race gas since '97 and have never had to replace a head gasket on my own car (knock on wood.) Just seems like the "oopsies" are kinda hush, hush on here. No one wants to talk about their mess ups. I'm talking about mid 11 sec cars and faster where the cars are being pushed.

+1
Recently blew a head gasket with good fuel when a fuel pump issue caused problems but the damage was minimal compared to the carnage we see here in the desert with our crappy fuel and alcohol. Some of the cars sit in my yard while the owner collects $ for the bottom end rebuild.
"but there was no knock" is the common statement from the owners.

Damm I guess we are just lucky :rolleyes: Have a lot of 9/10 sec street cars around here on Akly .. Ya I am "the" one for NO KNOCK !! But I guess it only works for us :p

Damm I guess we are just lucky :rolleyes: Have a lot of 9/10 sec street cars around here on Akly .. Ya I am "the" one for NO KNOCK !! But I guess it only works for us :p

I'm just calling it as I see it. Pretty much every Buick that I know of personally with alky has had issues. I just don't think you get the whole story from some of times on here. You hear the success stories but not the bad stuff. How many 9 sec passes did you guys make with that car when it was together?

I'm just calling it as I see it. Pretty much every Buick that I know of personally with alky has had issues. I just don't think you get the whole story from some of times on here. You hear the success stories but not the bad stuff. How many 9 sec passes did you guys make with that car when it was together?

one 9 sec pass an she got kicked out.. Got kicked out of our local track 2 days before for running to fast mph. 138+. Oh and the car is TOGETHER !! No garage queen that gets driven 500 miles a year. She does have her OWN motor in the car now. The other motor has well over 20k miles and has been used by other guy as a "loner". Thats the Mazda motor thats sitting on an engine stand. All sorts of stuff can blow a motor or headgasket. IF your not on your game then "**** happens" .. Simple as that. You should have tried it on your car !! It's a rush believe me !!

one 9 sec pass an she got kicked out.. Got kicked out of our local track 2 days before for running to fast mph. 138+. Oh and the car is TOGETHER !! No garage queen that gets driven 500 miles a year. She does have her OWN motor in the car now. The other motor has well over 20k miles and has been used by other guy as a "loner". Thats the Mazda motor thats sitting on an engine stand. All sorts of stuff can blow a motor or headgasket. IF your not on your game then "**** happens" .. Simple as that. You should have tried it on your car !! It's a rush believe me !!

I got a deal on race gas so I went that route. The 2 most current cars I'm working on will he on alky. Already installed one kit and a fast on a car, waiting on a trans. The other car in my garage has 67p trim and a tt chip. Have an alky kit to install still. I did one with a xfi last summer. Ran a low 11 with a 67 on low boost. I drove the car and had it running great. Warned the customer about how fragile these cars can be. He picked it up and blew the hg not too long after. He sold the car like that. My guess is he let it run dry or drove it like a mustang.

Thanks for the info so far. So i need a better fuel pump and not injectors? How far will the stock injectors take you?

I'm looking for maybe mid 12s. All those recipes on .org seem to be for faster setups

Thanks for the info so far. So i need a better fuel pump and not injectors? How far will the stock injectors take you?

I'm looking for maybe mid 12s. All those recipes on .org seem to be for faster setups

Some of those recipes are dated. Don't think they have been updated for 10 years. Stock injectors should be ok for mid 12's. If you do go the alky route they will carry you a little further.