Redlines between first and second

darkred87T

Hi, I have a fairly new rebuilt transmission from a reputable builder that unfortunately has never been quite right.

Her'es my problem:
The car seems to shift O.K. at the track (a little bit of flair) but when I'm driving around town and decide to have a little fun and nail it, it doesn't want to shift into second gear. Yesterday, I pulled out of a parking lot onto the highway and got on it. It blew through first and then just sat there and redlined (like I put it neutral) for about two seconds before shifting into second gear.

Iv'e already adjusted the T.V. cable a dozen times so that's not my problem. I also tried different fluid levels to no avail. I was told recently that the problem might be a governer spring. :confused:
Thanks in advance for any advice,
Mike

I doubt it is the governor spring. If it was you would have the problem at all throttle angles not just at W.O.T. Check the pump pressures. It sounds like it is low.

The TV cable is set correctly. I'm guessing it's a bum tranny. There are other people who have had problems with this guy.

So bring it back to him. At what point did you realize others had problems with their tranny from this builder?

So bring it back to him. At what point did you realize others had problems with their tranny from this builder?

Pretty much when my 4th transmission from him didn't work right. Pressure problem causing a sloppy 2-3. He's a slippery guy and has, for many months now, evaded my attempts to serve him papers for blowing my engine apart while "testing" one of his transmissions.

DarkRed87T and I got our transmissions from the guy pretty much around the same time. All things considered, he made out a lot better than I did, but the 1-2 thing is annoying. He's just going to have to chalk it up to experience and have someone else fix it.

Jim